Baseball Tonight has jumped the shark - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Baseball Tonight has jumped the shark

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Baseball Tonight has jumped the shark

Postby zevon » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:39 pm

Agreed, Who's Now is pointless and BBT hasn't been worth a crap this year either.
Here's a pretty funny piece from http://www.thebrushback.com

Karl Ravech Responds To Steve Phillips Comment By Demanding Raise

BRISTOL,CT--A fed up Karl Ravech demanded a raise Sunday in the middle of a Baseball Tonight broadcast after analyst Steve Phillips said that the Philadelphia Phillies pitching staff would perform better if they had less run support.
“That’s it. I want a raise,” said Ravech, turning to address a producer off camera. “I don’t even…what is he talking about? They would perform better if they had less run support? That doesn’t even make sense. And I’m supposed to sit here and nod my head and try to formulate a response to this balderdash? Fine, I’ll do it, but I want more money. If I’m going to destroy my credibility by hosting this freak show I should be compensated accordingly. Either that or you can replace Steve and Krukie with someone more knowledgeable, like a cardboard cutout of Pete Gammons.”
Responded Phillips: “So are you saying you disagree with me?”

:-b
zevon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Baseball Tonight has jumped the shark

Postby spamnon » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:30 pm

that steve phillips/karl ravech encounter is hilarious. i am really losing respect for ESPN, but too bad they monopolize the sports media industry meaning we have to live with them. just wish they got better somehow!
I love fantasy baseball but I love fantasy life more... http://www.citypixel.com/AM
spamnon
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers