Tulowitski? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tulowitski?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tulowitski?

Postby CT Smash » Wed May 30, 2007 3:32 pm

I have a chance to trade for Tulowitski in a 12 keeper per team (15 team mixed) league. His stats rank him as about the 20th best SS, although I know he got off to a rough start. Does anyone think he can become a top 10 SS by the end of the year? Next year? Is there talk that he can develop more power? Any info on him would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
CT Smash
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby WhiteHot » Wed May 30, 2007 3:35 pm

If your league counts unassisted triple plays, this is a no-brainer.
WhiteHot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Wed May 30, 2007 3:40 pm

He's going to be very good...This year MAYBE top 10 but I doubt it. I think he's better then Drew.

He has a rocket cannon arm and plays in a good offense park with a good offensive lineup.

I'd trade for him but don't give up much
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Re: Tulowitski?

Postby NZF » Wed May 30, 2007 5:00 pm

CT Smash wrote:I have a chance to trade for Tulowitski in a 12 keeper per team (15 team mixed) league. His stats rank him as about the 20th best SS, although I know he got off to a rough start. Does anyone think he can become a top 10 SS by the end of the year? Next year? Is there talk that he can develop more power? Any info on him would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

If you only keep 12 then you're not going to keep Tulowitski so what's the point of trading for him.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Wed May 30, 2007 5:01 pm

NZF wrote:
CT Smash wrote:I have a chance to trade for Tulowitski in a 12 keeper per team (15 team mixed) league. His stats rank him as about the 20th best SS, although I know he got off to a rough start. Does anyone think he can become a top 10 SS by the end of the year? Next year? Is there talk that he can develop more power? Any info on him would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

If you only keep 12 then you're not going to keep Tulowitski so what's the point of trading for him.

You keep 12 ?? Wow thats alot.

If thats the case I'd pick him up. he's worth a spot on a deep keeper squad like that

Wrong foruM?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby dougbies » Wed May 30, 2007 5:12 pm

i would not trade for him under your league format. he will not be a top 10 ss this year
dougbies
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CT Smash » Wed May 30, 2007 5:16 pm

I agree, if the season were to end today I probably wouldn't keep Tulo since I will likely have 12 better keepers - thus no need to trade for him. However, I was hoping to hear some general opinions on his development. I know he was a top 10 pick in the amateur draft a couple of years ago and that he's certainly amongst the top NL rookies this year but does anyone have any sort of projections for him this year or next? Or who, if anyone, you could compare him to? It sounds like with a deep pool at SS, that he will likely need a few years to become a relevant fanstasy shortstop.
CT Smash
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mbuser » Wed May 30, 2007 5:22 pm

in a league where 180 players are kept, he's not a terrible guy to have on a roster this year, and i'm sure he won't be next season. he's 177 in the yahoo game over the last month (now that the algorithm has been improved, i can actually throw out a yahoo rank) -- while he won't be a top 10 this season, i certainly can't say 'i would not trade for him'. he's not fast and the power is cetainly lacking at this point (he's only 22), but an OBP of .372 in the 2-hole in that lineup usually means good things
mbuser
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby bigh0rt » Wed May 30, 2007 8:01 pm

NZF wrote:

Thanks!

You're saying there's no shot at him being one of the 180 most valuable players, minimally? That's provided the top teams in the league aren't cutting some of said Top 180 players.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 326)

Postby Drunken Rhino » Thu May 31, 2007 9:51 am

mbuser wrote:in a league where 180 players are kept, he's not a terrible guy to have on a roster this year, and i'm sure he won't be next season. he's 177 in the yahoo game over the last month (now that the algorithm has been improved, i can actually throw out a yahoo rank) -- while he won't be a top 10 this season, i certainly can't say 'i would not trade for him'. he's not fast and the power is cetainly lacking at this point (he's only 22), but an OBP of .372 in the 2-hole in that lineup usually means good things

His .372 OBP is in the 6-7 hole now isn't it?

Willy
Kaz
Holliday
Helton
Atkins
Hawpe/Tulo
Tulo/Hawpe
C
P

Right?

To answer the original question, like Matt said,he has value as a keeper league where you keep that many players.
Drunken Rhino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers