Second Half Players - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Second Half Players

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ttwarrior1 » Wed May 30, 2007 2:26 pm

nick markakis, robinson cano, tom gordon,
ttwarrior1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 606
Joined: 9 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Rounders » Wed May 30, 2007 2:35 pm

Doughhead wrote:
SignGuy wrote:
Doughhead wrote:Delgado
Sexson
Aramis
Furcal


Aramis is slumping?


He's really streaky and usually does most of his damage in the second half.


But he leads NL 3B in RBIs and is tied for the lead in HR, don't know how he is suppose to break out of a slump he isn't in.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 898
Joined: 18 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby talldarkandnerdy » Wed May 30, 2007 3:12 pm

Berkman
talldarkandnerdy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 60
Joined: 4 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: STL

Postby Tommy John » Wed May 30, 2007 3:15 pm

LaRoche
Konerko
Tommy John
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 620
Joined: 19 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Mid-Missouri

Postby mac-unit » Wed May 30, 2007 5:24 pm

do you guys think pujols will bounce back to old form in the 2nd half?
Image
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1059
(Past Year: 24)
Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: New Jersey

Postby RawTalent » Wed May 30, 2007 5:29 pm

Here's a perennial second half guy, but he's also an aging player in decline:

Bobby Abreu.

I'd try to steal him away from an owner, as he (and the Yankees) can't be bad for the entire year. (By the way, no Yankee fan here, just plain common sense.)
RawTalent
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 173
Joined: 14 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FrogStamp » Wed May 30, 2007 6:30 pm

Rounders wrote:
Doughhead wrote:
SignGuy wrote:
Doughhead wrote:Delgado
Sexson
Aramis
Furcal


Aramis is slumping?


He's really streaky and usually does most of his damage in the second half.


But he leads NL 3B in RBIs and is tied for the lead in HR, don't know how he is suppose to break out of a slump he isn't in.


Part of the question (and the title of the post) is who is a second-half player. In the past, Aramis has been a strong second-half player. Hopefully, he can get even better than he has been so far this season.
FrogStamp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 479
Joined: 25 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby activechamp2006 » Wed May 30, 2007 6:34 pm

FrogStamp wrote:
Rounders wrote:
Doughhead wrote:
SignGuy wrote:
Doughhead wrote:Delgado
Sexson
Aramis
Furcal


Aramis is slumping?


He's really streaky and usually does most of his damage in the second half.


But he leads NL 3B in RBIs and is tied for the lead in HR, don't know how he is suppose to break out of a slump he isn't in.


Part of the question (and the title of the post) is who is a second-half player. In the past, Aramis has been a strong second-half player. Hopefully, he can get even better than he has been so far this season.


I doubt Aramis is going to have a huge 2nd half this season. Considering he's having such a good 1st half. His great 2nd half normally brings his sorry 1st half up to where his numbers should be. I don't see him having an amazing 2nd half. If he does he will most likely be a top 10 player, I just don't see that happening.
Image
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2388
Joined: 5 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AmericanShipbuilding » Wed May 30, 2007 6:40 pm

mac-unit wrote:do you guys think pujols will bounce back to old form in the 2nd half?


I'm wondering the same. For the first month of the season, any question of Pujols' effectiveness was laughed at and dismissed. Now, I'm wondering if there's any reason to believe he's going to play any better than the level he's at now (.300, on pace for 24 HR, 75 runs, 75 RBI). Any apologists still here? As a Pujols owner, it'd be very reassuring to hear some compelling arguments for his potential return to form...
AmericanShipbuilding
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 239
Joined: 21 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Brooklyn

Postby Yoda » Wed May 30, 2007 6:41 pm

AmericanShipbuilding wrote:
mac-unit wrote:do you guys think pujols will bounce back to old form in the 2nd half?


I'm wondering the same. For the first month of the season, any question of Pujols' effectiveness was laughed at and dismissed. Now, I'm wondering if there's any reason to believe he's going to play any better than the level he's at now (.300, on pace for 24 HR, 75 runs, 75 RBI). Any apologists still here? As a Pujols owner, it'd be very reassuring to hear some compelling arguments for his potential return to form...


He's heating up. I've entertained some offers but I know that Pujols WILL go nuts at some point this season like all superstars do... i.e. Arod
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Jul. 29
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(10:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact