What's Wrong With My Team!?!?! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

What's Wrong With My Team!?!?!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What's Wrong With My Team!?!?!

Postby superjags99 » Wed May 30, 2007 11:43 am

This is my team that can't seem to get out of 5th place....
ESPN 10 Team Roto with normal 5X5 scoring and pitching limit of 120 games started.

C - Ivan Rodriguez
1B - Paul Konerko
2B - Brian Roberts
3B - David Wright
SS - Rafael Furcal
OF - Andruw Jones, Vlad Guerrero, Vernon Wells
Util - David Ortiz
Bench - Richie Sexson, Garrett Atkins

SP - John Smoltz, Scott Kazmir, Rich Harden(DL), AJ Burnett
RP - Billy Wagner, Bobby Jenks, Ryan Dempster, BobWickman, Matt Capps, Octavio Dotel

I don't know if I should shake things up with some trades or just wait through it but it seems like i've been in 4th to 6th place all year and can't get out of the gutter. please help
Last edited by superjags99 on Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
superjags99
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby superjags99 » Wed May 30, 2007 8:34 pm

any one have any ideas or opinions?
superjags99
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed May 30, 2007 8:46 pm

well your bats have had slumps and injuries to plague you a bit...IRod is just been TERRIBLE thus far this year ( i own him in a couple leagues very disappointed, and even worse no one wants him)...one thing that might damper you more is there are talks that Furcal hurt that surgically repaired knee...but anyways i would honseslty think about trading a big name like Big Papi, Vlad or even Konerko for a lesser replacement player at that position and either a stud arm or a couple very good ones, and you might be saying well 2-1 or 3-1 i would possibly throw in a closer like Wheeler or Dumpster to complete the deal...i think thats your biggest need, and then again if furcal goes back out you would have to cover SS for a while, but i really think now that Wright has gotten back on track a bit, and with IRod, Sexson and Atkins will all get back on track and help ya out big time...not to mention Kazmir needs and i think will get back to last years form...

help me out...

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 90#2361690

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby ravensjohnny » Wed May 30, 2007 9:42 pm

have to agree that your bats have been slumped, but will come around, however your sp is way to thin, but then again you can only make 120 starts so i guess your on target
ravensjohnny
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby superjags99 » Wed May 30, 2007 11:00 pm

Thanks for the tips guys! Yeah, my SP is kind of thin but the limit is 120 so if all 4 of them get 30 starts i'm on target. i guess i'm kind of concerned so far about vernon wells who hasn't been himself lately. but the same applies to pudge, ortiz, konerko, atkins, jones, sexson on my team so i'm falling back in standing. any one else?
superjags99
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ScrappyDoo » Thu May 31, 2007 12:53 pm

Yah a lot of your bats have started really slow. Which is a good thing because youve been able to stay middle of the pack without much production from your better bats.

Id sit tight. Your team is fine. Maybe try and trade some of your bench sluggers when they heat up for some pitching.
ScrappyDoo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kingmike74 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:32 am

Thx for looking at mine

Trade Dempster, lose Embree, get a #1 or 2 starer and you are set. You must be patient with that team but it is quite good and well rounded.
"I can't wait to put the uniform on each day" ~ Bobby Cox
kingmike74
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 28)

Postby superjags99 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:03 pm

to update my roster i dropped embree and picked up dotel. but should i drop one of my bench hitters and pick up capps so i can gain ground on the saves leader? i'm down by 18 saves because i only had 2 closers the first whole month but feal confident that if i pick up capps i will have 6 closers to play when i don't have a starter pitching so i can eventually take over the lead at saves
superjags99
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Mighty Trow » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:58 pm

Thanks for your help with mine.

ScrappyDoo wrote:Yah a lot of your bats have started really slow. Which is a good thing because youve been able to stay middle of the pack without much production from your better bats.

Bingo. Hang tight, your bats will turn it around - I like your move of embree for dotel. And to be honest, I wouldn't mind dropping kinsler for capps. I'm sure Kinsler will be a great player for years to come, but I don't think we'll see any more noteworthy production this season. Capps will help you gain the saves (have a starts limit and not an IP limit seems like a good chance for you to load up on RP/MR to help with Ks, ERA, and WHIP.

Anyone want to chime in? WHIR
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 82#2377082
The Mighty Trow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby superjags99 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:09 pm

thanks for the advise. i actually dropped kinsler for capps this morning becaue it seemed like kinsler had little to no trade value and capps would help me out much more. anyone else?
superjags99
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team