josh johnson returns in 3 weeks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

josh johnson returns in 3 weeks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

josh johnson returns in 3 weeks

Postby CecilFieldersChoice » Wed May 30, 2007 9:43 am

Josh Johnson, SP - Marlins
Johnson, who will pitch in an extended spring game Tuesday, is expected to rejoin the rotation in about three weeks, the Miami Herald reports. Johnson has been on the DL with an irritated nerve in his right arm.

Any idea how that start went for him yesterday? I would love to add this guy into my rotation.
CecilFieldersChoice
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Suicide Kings » Wed May 30, 2007 12:37 pm

"Josh Johnson threw five shutout innings during a 62-pitch start in an extended spring game Tuesday."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl- ... -headlines
Hit the ball over the fence and you can take ALLLLL the time you want to run around the bases...
Suicide Kings
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby JKelleyRice996 » Wed May 30, 2007 2:24 pm

Here is another blurb...i liked it because it said how fast he was able to pitch. I drafted him in my league knowing that I would have to be patient with his recovery but I am thinking it will pay off. I would watch his rehab starts to see how they if you are interested in picking him up.

"Josh Johnson, making his way back from an elbow injury, threw 62 pitches in an extended spring training game on Tuesday.

Johnson allowed just one hit and touched 94 mph on the gun, though he averaged closer to 90 mph. He'll make the first of at least two rehab starts Sunday for Single-A Jupiter."
JKelleyRice996
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby nothingtoproveco » Thu May 31, 2007 1:58 am

Great news for us Fish fans...
nothingtoproveco
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby masterpinky0509 » Thu May 31, 2007 11:56 am

Tough call on whether to pick him up or not.

It's a question b/c Kevin Slowey and Jon Lester are sitting out there on the wire too.

I'm inclined to value Johnson more than Lester, but Slowey is really an unknown quantity.
masterpinky0509
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Texican » Thu May 31, 2007 1:04 pm

masterpinky0509 wrote:Tough call on whether to pick him up or not.

It's a question b/c Kevin Slowey and Jon Lester are sitting out there on the wire too.

I'm inclined to value Johnson more than Lester, but Slowey is really an unknown quantity.

Same here. Would you dump Mussina for one of these?
Texican
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby OnceinDC2\1 » Thu May 31, 2007 1:58 pm

Texican wrote:

I'd be more inclined to stick with Mussina, he's still better than Lester and Johnson was facing single-A hitters...lots of guys who are mediocre major leaguers dominate hitters at that level. Still, it is good news on him
OnceinDC2\1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dundeeslugger » Thu May 31, 2007 2:02 pm

OnceinDC2\1 wrote:
Texican wrote:

I'd be more inclined to stick with Mussina, he's still better than Lester and Johnson was facing single-A hitters...lots of guys who are mediocre major leaguers dominate hitters at that level. Still, it is good news on him

Sure Johnson was facing single a hitters but he was dominant last year. Not saying I would drop Mussina, but I think Johnson's upside is much more then Mussina's.
dundeeslugger
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby wrightinflight » Thu May 31, 2007 3:12 pm

just picked him up ;-D
wrightinflight
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby OnceinDC2\1 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:36 pm

dundeeslugger wrote:
OnceinDC2\1 wrote:
Texican wrote:

Sure Johnson was facing single a hitters but he was dominant last year. Not saying I would drop Mussina, but I think Johnson's upside is much more then Mussina's.

Of course his upside is greater than Mussina's...Mussina is 38 and has declining stuff at that age as most pitchers do...
OnceinDC2\1
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates