My First Car - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

My First Car

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My First Car

Postby DbacksAllTheWay » Wed May 30, 2007 5:28 am

I am about to get my first car, a 2005 Honda Odyssey. I know, I know not exactly the "ride" to own. I want to show my love for the Phoenix Suns with it, but it is going to be white, so what can I do to show this passion? I was thinking like orange seat covers, but what other ideas do you guys have? Thanks for your time.
DbacksAllTheWay
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby The Big Train » Wed May 30, 2007 5:49 am

C'mon, if your are a SERIOUS fan, forget the lame seat covers and go all the way... ;-D

Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: My First Car

Postby Coppermine » Wed May 30, 2007 8:38 am

DbacksAllTheWay wrote:I am about to get my first car, a 2005 Honda Odyssey. I know, I know not exactly the "ride" to own. I want to show my love for the Phoenix Suns with it, but it is going to be white, so what can I do to show this passion? I was thinking like orange seat covers, but what other ideas do you guys have? Thanks for your time.

Wait a second; your first car and you opted for a minivan?
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Wed May 30, 2007 8:43 am

Coppermine wrote:
DbacksAllTheWay wrote:I am about to get my first car, a 2005 Honda Odyssey. I know, I know not exactly the "ride" to own. I want to show my love for the Phoenix Suns with it, but it is going to be white, so what can I do to show this passion? I was thinking like orange seat covers, but what other ideas do you guys have? Thanks for your time.

Sounds to me like he's a man with a plan. ;-) ;-D
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Coppermine » Wed May 30, 2007 8:46 am

knapplc wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

You know what bumper sticker he needs to get?

If this van's a-rockin'... ;-7
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby theclefe » Wed May 30, 2007 9:37 am

Coppermine wrote:

My first vehicle was a Van. I didn't choose it, but it was great. Of Course, gas was under $1 a gallon then so it didn't matter what you drove. We had so much fun with that thing.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby TheRock » Wed May 30, 2007 9:59 am

My vehicle in high school was my parent's old van. Dodge Tradesman cargo van we had converted. That thing rocked. 360 with a Holley carb and dual exhaust for a great rumble. It blew everything in town off the line (there wasn't much else to do on a Friday night). Oh, and captain's chairs and a bed in back.

Looking back, that had to produce some interesting looks on some parents' faces when I pulled up to take their daughter out.... :-?

But Honda Odyssey? How did that happen? I just can't see telling stories of your glory days and they start out "back when I was young and drove a minivan..."
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Coppermine » Wed May 30, 2007 10:13 am

theclefe wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

My first vehicle was a Van. I didn't choose it, but it was great. Of Course, gas was under $1 a gallon then so it didn't matter what you drove. We had so much fun with that thing.

Yeah, I have to assume that it was purchased for him or it's a hand-me-down. And according to Edmunds and other sources, the Odyssey is by far the best mini-van out there. Either way, that's cool... when you're about 16-17, you just want to get behind a wheel, any wheel and go Grand Theft Auto on the hometown.

Those first couple tickets sting.

The best moving violation I ever got was "traveled through a yellow light at a speed that was not reasonable or prudent."

Who doesn't speed up at those!?
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed May 30, 2007 12:50 pm

Coppermine wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

My first car happened to be a '92 Chevy Lumina van. Vans don't get more pimpin' than that. B-)

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Coppermine » Wed May 30, 2007 1:18 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

My first car happened to be a '92 Chevy Lumina van. Vans don't get more pimpin' than that. B-)

Oh man, those were ugly...

Almost as bad as my first car, a '92 Chevy Cavalier.... or Lambskin's van:

That picture was taken outside an orphanage.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk