16 team league, what do you think - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

16 team league, what do you think

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

16 team league, what do you think

Postby philly4life553 » Wed May 30, 2007 1:43 am

I am in second place right now, 1 game out of first.
c- martin
1b- mourneu
2b- phillips
3b- beltre
ss- reyes
of- sheff, rios, duncan
utl- sosa
sp, zambrano, willis, maine, wang, germano, leiber, wakefield, carmona, maroth
rp- rivera, saito, alfonseca, lyon, madson, proctor.
HLD is a cat, so it helps to have good setup men, that's why i hve guys like madson, proctor and lyon. I think i can still upgrade at utl, sosa cooled off in the last couple of weeks. Does my team have what it takes, or do i need to make some upgrades

notable FA's
carlos pena
reggie willits
willy taveras
ryan garko
jose guillen

Leave a link, WHIR!
philly4life553
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby aaseegs » Wed May 30, 2007 2:24 am

I like your team for a 16 team league. Just be patient with the pitching. Willis and Zambrano have to come around and Wang is a top 10 pitcher when Yanks are winning (I hate them BTW)

I have similar FA also in my league. Any thoughts?
aaseegs
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shappy » Wed May 30, 2007 12:26 pm

i managed to get howard by trading holliday and james shields for him...anyway as far as your team goes

Zambrano looked good in his last start so solid outings from him should help you alot. Sheffield has started to come around which should help also, but I dont like your 2nd and 3rd outfielders. I would possibly try to make a move to get a more solid person then rios, i just haven't ever been a fan of him. You have had some bad luck with rivera as he isn't getting too many save chances with the yanks, but as a yankees fan I have to hope some more come up.

I dont think those FA have too much to offer with the exception of garko, but im still not sold on him. If you can make a trade I might go for it, but for now it is still early and as long as you aren't losing weeks and properly managing your pitchers you should be fine.

I have bad luck when it comes to signatures that the person either gets traded or hurt...in this case I hope he gets traded.
shappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby fortune cookies » Wed May 30, 2007 9:08 pm

Your bats are vey good for a 16 team. I would watch Sosa and if he stays cold, I would grab Willits and bench sosa for a while (but make sure Willits is still playing well)

Your pitchers are solid. Zam, willis, maine are good. Wang is a great option for ERA/WHIP, as long as you play him at the right time. I would play him mostly at home OR coming off a bad week because he is usually has a quality start coming off a bad start.

Thanks to Idahofan1 for the great sig
fortune cookies
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team