Where can I get live box score/game updates? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where can I get live box score/game updates?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Where can I get live box score/game updates?

Postby RD » Tue May 29, 2007 9:19 pm

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I'm looking for a site for game updates, a la Yahoo. The problem is that frequently the Yahoo box scores stop working and give me a 999 error. I don't know if the problem is with Yahoo or my internet connection (its a University connection and they're pretty strict with internet usage).

CBS SportsLine sucks because it takes forever to update...

I refuse to use ESPN. I've had a personal ESPN boycott for over 2 years and I'm not breaking it for box scores...

Is there anywhere else?
RD
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rockiesfan » Tue May 29, 2007 9:20 pm

Try MLB.com they have game centers. If you click on the Diamond for the certian game it will open up.
Rockiesfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Y`s Guy » Tue May 29, 2007 9:22 pm

My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 276)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue May 29, 2007 9:29 pm

mlb.com is a pretty safe bet.

Or you can try going to the teams site. I know for the Orioles that http://www.baltimoreorioles.com has stuff like that during the games.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby theclefe » Tue May 29, 2007 9:37 pm

I say MLB.com too.

BTW, MLB Gameday is great while tracking an out-of-market game. Depending on the stadium, they track the speed and break of the pitches along with the location. Plus, no Joe Morgan.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby RD » Tue May 29, 2007 9:50 pm

Yeah, I think I'll use mlb.com. Unfortunately, I can't use Gametracker because it's a decently large application and having it reload constantly gets noticed and I get in trouble with the Internet police here. As I said, my university is super anal...
RD
College Coach
College Coach

Postby theclefe » Tue May 29, 2007 9:54 pm

RD wrote:Yeah, I think I'll use mlb.com. Unfortunately, I can't use Gametracker because it's a decently large application and having it reload constantly gets noticed and I get in trouble with the Internet police here. As I said, my university is super anal...

Sorry to hear that. I hope your at least learning something useful like nuclear physics or hairstyling.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby RD » Tue May 29, 2007 9:58 pm

theclefe wrote:
RD wrote:Yeah, I think I'll use mlb.com. Unfortunately, I can't use Gametracker because it's a decently large application and having it reload constantly gets noticed and I get in trouble with the Internet police here. As I said, my university is super anal...

Sorry to hear that. I hope your at least learning something useful like nuclear physics or hairstyling.

Marine biology, which likely falls somewhere in between the two in terms of usefulness. Though I am probably a better at marine biology than I would be at either nuclear physics or hairstyling.
RD
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SniperShot » Tue May 29, 2007 10:44 pm

Sportsline is pretty sucky I agree. Kinda surprised at that but that's sportsline for ya. Sometimes I think they try to do way too much.

MLB.com is the way I go and they are usually updated very well and consistant.
SniperShot
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

Eagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby tgalv » Tue May 29, 2007 10:53 pm

RD wrote:
theclefe wrote:

Marine biology, which likely falls somewhere in between the two in terms of usefulness. Though I am probably a better at marine biology than I would be at either nuclear physics or hairstyling.

tgalv
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers