Carlos Gonzalez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Carlos Gonzalez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Carlos Gonzalez

Postby Philly_05 » Tue May 29, 2007 4:25 pm

What does everyone think of his struggles at Double-A. Is it just a matter of time till he gets things going. Is this a good point to try to get him on the cheap and stash him away. Or do you think he won't rebound from his problems even though he is still young.
Philly_05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 632)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Carlos Gonzalez

Postby Y2J » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:03 pm

I definitely like his potential. How deep is your league and how large are the rosters? If you can get him for cheap and hold onto him cheaply, I think he has alot of power potential. I wouldnt expect more than 15-20 hr's next year, but from 09 on, I expect he will be a stalwart in the middle of the d-backs lineup with conor jackson, quentin, and chris young
Y2J
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Curtis Pride » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:31 am

50-7 K-BB is pretty ominous
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Philly_05 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:33 pm

12 teams we get to have a 25 man active roster we can have as many as 10 minor league guys on our roster during the season if they fit the number criteria. A 5 man DL also. We get to keep 5 of those minor league guys at the end of each season. 2 have to have less than 130 AB and less than 50 IP. Then 3 can be..

If a hitter, the player must not have more than 500 MLB appearances or more than 1000 MLB at-bats.

If a pitcher, the player must not have more than 100 MLB appearances or more than 50 MLB starts.

I just missed out on Carlos Gomez and Scott Elbert on the wire had claims on both of them but was to low on the wire list to get them. As of now my top 5 are probably.. Yovani Gallardo, Nick Adenhart, Evan Longoria, Chirs Parmelee and probably Erick Aybar or Michael Bourn as a 5th unless I trade for someone else or get someone off the wire. Capps might fit under so I might have to think about him maybe.
Philly_05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 632)

Postby FalcoAtL » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:51 pm

Curtis Pride wrote:50-7 K-BB is pretty ominous

If he were to have a better K/BB ratio, then one would expect him to have a better Avg. as well. I think it's understandable that he is struggling in all areas and not just in power #'s.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Minor League & College Baseball