Finally, Cindy Sheehan is done. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Finally, Cindy Sheehan is done.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AcidRock23 » Wed May 30, 2007 10:42 am

Madison wrote:Now if you want to debate that specific point and say the United States is supposed to cater to her every whim and desire, fire away and I'll read it while chuckling. Otherwise, I have no desire to discuss the situation any further as it never leads to anything good or worthwhile.

I would argue that her point could be construed to include the fact that it seems at least possible that a majority of us are now in agreement with her even though the *'majority' (sic?) of 'us' voted for the dubster and his flying monkeys in the last presidential elections. I agree that the numbers are too close to call and that it is deplorable that turnout is so low but I am kind of convinced that a national strategy focusing on yields and investments would be better than foreign policy adventurism.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Wed May 30, 2007 11:13 am

The Big Train wrote:But they seem trivial in the broader context of being arrested over a t-shirt (I wonder how the Founders would have reacted to this?!).

To be completely fair, she was not arrested over a T-shirt. They asked her to cover it up, per the rules. She refused and was arrested. You may still disagree with it but I believe it's a little dishonest to say she was arrested over a T-shirt.

AcidRock23 wrote:I would argue that her point could be construed to include the fact that it seems at least possible that a majority of us are now in agreement with her even though the *'majority' (sic?) of 'us' voted for the dubster and his flying monkeys in the last presidential elections.

I think initially that the majority was in agreement with her point but it seems to me that her point got obfuscated by the presentation.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Wed May 30, 2007 11:16 am

AcidRock23 wrote:
Madison wrote:Now if you want to debate that specific point and say the United States is supposed to cater to her every whim and desire, fire away and I'll read it while chuckling. Otherwise, I have no desire to discuss the situation any further as it never leads to anything good or worthwhile.

I would argue that her point could be construed to include the fact that it seems at least possible that a majority of us are now in agreement with her even though the *'majority' (sic?) of 'us' voted for the dubster and his flying monkeys in the last presidential elections. I agree that the numbers are too close to call and that it is deplorable that turnout is so low but I am kind of convinced that a national strategy focusing on yields and investments would be better than foreign policy adventurism.

Again though, where did I say anything about her stance on the "war"?

I said that the country is not here to cater to her every whim and desire.

I think you guys are quoting me and then ignoring what's actually written just to try to drive me crazy. :-b Too late for that, I was crazy a long time ago. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby josebach » Wed May 30, 2007 11:18 am

Madison wrote:You think we should be out, I think we should go full scale and end this quick.

My dad said the same thing and I'll ask you the same question I asked him. How? Full scale? Who do you target? Indiscriminate bombing of Sunni neighborhoods?

That would start World War III.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Wed May 30, 2007 11:29 am

josebach wrote:
Madison wrote:You think we should be out, I think we should go full scale and end this quick.

My dad said the same thing and I'll ask you the same question I asked him. How? Full scale? Who do you target? Indiscriminate bombing of Sunni neighborhoods?

Let's just say the majority of the country couldn't stomach it, because it would certainly be a war scenario and not a policing action like it currently is. I can send it via PM this evening (possibly - if I have time) if you like even though I've probably already posted it up somewhere here in GT.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby 5 » Wed May 30, 2007 11:35 am

josebach wrote:

We had a shot go "full scale" or at least attempt to handle things (or spread freedom or whatever) with the proper # of troops with the proper equipment but someone didn't listen. So how is this surge idea working anyway?

And people want Sheehan to go away?
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AcidRock23 » Wed May 30, 2007 11:37 am

Madison wrote:Again though, where did I say anything about her stance on the "war"?

I said that the country is not here to cater to her every whim and desire.

I think you guys are quoting me and then ignoring what's actually written just to try to drive me crazy. :-b Too late for that, I was crazy a long time ago. :-b

But 'the war' is implied in 'her' as Cindy Sheehan's rise to public prominence is solely based on her position as a war protester which seems to have been engendered by the president's refusal to meet her demand to speak to her when he was riding high, pwning democrats and other hippies.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to General Talk