The Lifesaver Study - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Lifesaver Study

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Tue May 29, 2007 2:47 pm

Pokeyouindaeye wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Pokeyouindaeye wrote:Weird, all I see are brown eyes.


That's cause someone poked you in da eye.


ba-dum-psh!

He's here 'til Thursday folks!


I just flew in from Chicago and boy, are my arms tired!
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby StlSluggers » Tue May 29, 2007 2:56 pm

I hold Hammy responsible for this dramatic diversion from the OT.

:-[
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: Wrong Forum!

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue May 29, 2007 3:14 pm

WebHamster wrote:
No spittin', no swearin', no instigatin'...

So why are people allowed to have "ass" in their username?
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Re: Wrong Forum!

Postby Coppermine » Tue May 29, 2007 3:18 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
WebHamster wrote:
No spittin', no swearin', no instigatin'...

So why are people allowed to have "ass" in their username?


It appears that in our upside down, ridiculously backwards and often naive society, the word "ass" combined with the word "hole" is far more offensive than the word "ass" on its own.

Why? Because we're idiots.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Re: Wrong Forum!

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue May 29, 2007 3:29 pm

Coppermine wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
WebHamster wrote:
No spittin', no swearin', no instigatin'...

So why are people allowed to have "ass" in their username?


It appears that in our upside down, ridiculously backwards and often naive society, the word "ass" combined with the word "hole" is far more offensive than the word "ass" on its own.

Why? Because we're idiots.

Yeah, that's true. On tv when they bleep stuff out they actually bleep out hole, not "ass" for some reason.
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Re: Wrong Forum!

Postby Coppermine » Tue May 29, 2007 3:30 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
WebHamster wrote:
No spittin', no swearin', no instigatin'...

So why are people allowed to have "ass" in their username?


It appears that in our upside down, ridiculously backwards and often naive society, the word "ass" combined with the word "hole" is far more offensive than the word "ass" on its own.

Why? Because we're idiots.

Yeah, that's true. On tv when they bleep stuff out they actually bleep out hole, not "ass" for some reason.


I know, I really can't comprehend it.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Re: Wrong Forum!

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue May 29, 2007 3:43 pm

Coppermine wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
WebHamster wrote:
No spittin', no swearin', no instigatin'...

So why are people allowed to have "ass" in their username?


It appears that in our upside down, ridiculously backwards and often naive society, the word "ass" combined with the word "hole" is far more offensive than the word "ass" on its own.

Why? Because we're idiots.

Yeah, that's true. On tv when they bleep stuff out they actually bleep out hole, not "ass" for some reason.


I know, I really can't comprehend it.


that's America for you...like George Carlin said "why can you say i pricked my finger but not i fingered my prick"...i mean, it's just a word people
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Wrong Forum!

Postby Coppermine » Tue May 29, 2007 4:12 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
WebHamster wrote:
No spittin', no swearin', no instigatin'...

So why are people allowed to have "ass" in their username?


It appears that in our upside down, ridiculously backwards and often naive society, the word "ass" combined with the word "hole" is far more offensive than the word "ass" on its own.

Why? Because we're idiots.

Yeah, that's true. On tv when they bleep stuff out they actually bleep out hole, not "ass" for some reason.


I know, I really can't comprehend it.


that's America for you...like George Carlin said "why can you say i pricked my finger but not i fingered my prick"...i mean, it's just a word people


Sticks and stone. And I do understand it here at the cafe for the most part; we don't want this to be a free for all; it's those limitations and mod edits that keep this place civil and tell the idiots who just want to swear and make asinine comments to go to Yahoo's message boards. Of course I think even that gets out of hand when regular posters aren't given the benefit of the doubt.

Carlin is awesome. Makes me want to crack open my Brain Droppings book.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Re: Wrong Forum!

Postby Lofunzo » Tue May 29, 2007 4:19 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
WebHamster wrote:
No spittin', no swearin', no instigatin'...

Butthole isn't as funny. B-)


That's true, but sometimes it is. Like when you're mad or telling a joke like this, butthole doesn't work. But sometimes it's funny to randomly say something like "I've got fantasy baseball skills coming out of my butthole" that would be a humorous over-exaggeration of my skills, which may or may not in this circumstance be spelled with a 'z' in place of the 's.'

Hershey Highway can be humorous too sometimes.


i agree, butt-hole can be just as funny...so can Stink Star


Let's just get these out in the open right now.

Balloon knot
Barking spider
Chocolate starfish
Tarhole
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Re: Wrong Forum!

Postby Lofunzo » Tue May 29, 2007 4:21 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
WebHamster wrote:
No spittin', no swearin', no instigatin'...

So why are people allowed to have "ass" in their username?


Since you seem to have your finger on the pulse of pretty much everything that goes on around here, I am quite sure that you know the answer to that. We don't see or filter every name here. That's impossible to do. If you see a name that is either vulgar or offensive, you can just PM a mod.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AbyMa, unioreimi and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 8:47 hours
(and 92 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact