GALLARDO will he get the call up soon or in Sept. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

GALLARDO will he get the call up soon or in Sept.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

GALLARDO will he get the call up soon or in Sept.

Postby kcbrost » Tue May 29, 2007 12:28 am

will the brewers prospect get called up soon? he is 7-1 2.35 real low whip and 88K in 60innings. seems like he is ready after a good 2006 season?? maybe a good pick up to wait on but how long before he gets called up??
kcbrost
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby B-Chad » Tue May 29, 2007 12:50 am

It's all speculation at this point it seems. Their doesn't appear to be a time table out there so here is my take... I think he'll get the call before or shortly after the All-Star break. My reason for that belief is that the Brewers have a chance to win the Central this year and need their most talented players on their major league squad. Gallardo has done what he can do in AAA. He doesn't have much to prove, like Lincecum, in fact his body of work is bigger. Also, besides the obvious fact that Ben Sheets could be mere seconds from finding his way to the DL with an ear infection, bruised pinky, bumped toe, or any other injury imaginable, consider me less then sold on Claudio Vargas and Dave Bush both keeping starting spots with Gallardo in AAA. Bush and Vargas both could be good starters, and both have put together some stretches of quality baseball. That said, Claudio Vargas' control similar to Victor Zambrano or Daniel Cabrera make him a likely candidate to play himself out of a starters roll like Ortiz did in SF. Like I said, I've yet to find anything hard stating a ETA on him, so likely all you'll get is speculation, but I hope my insight helped.
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby djack909 » Tue May 29, 2007 1:00 am

People have said the Brewers gave Braun a year toward arbitration because they called him up before June 8th. (That will cost the a few millions) So I think June 8th is the call-up date.
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue May 29, 2007 3:56 am

theres a huge thread about this in the leftovers section. you'll definitely get alot more info there. ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates