Your Favorite Stand Ups - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Your Favorite Stand Ups

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bolkonsky » Tue May 29, 2007 4:58 pm

Dane Cook does suck.

I saw Mitch Hedberg at Zanies (comedy club in Chicago) about 8 years ago...he was great and you could tell he would make it.

You guys have to check out David Spade's stand-up "Take the Hit". I hated the guy before I saw it and I still think he makes poor career choices, but his own material was suprisingly funny. I mean really good.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin
bolkonsky
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby byfrcp » Tue May 29, 2007 5:17 pm

I can't believe I'm finally in the majority when I say Dane Cook sucks. If he knows a joke isn't taking he'll start to get louder and scream more obscenities, that isn't funny, it's immature.

Seinfeld is my favorite, saw him Live once and had a great time, alot of the same material as the show but still good.

Also, and this is a little embarrasing, I find quite a bit of Carrot Tops "prop comedy" to be pretty funny.
byfrcp
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby josebach » Tue May 29, 2007 6:06 pm

byfrcp wrote:I can't believe I'm finally in the majority when I say Dane Cook sucks. If he knows a joke isn't taking he'll start to get louder and scream more obscenities, that isn't funny, it's immature.

Seinfeld is my favorite, saw him Live once and had a great time, alot of the same material as the show but still good.

Also, and this is a little embarrasing, I find quite a bit of Carrot Tops "prop comedy" to be pretty funny.

I saw both Carrot Top and Adam Sandler at FSU homecoming and both were great! ;-D
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ThatDude » Tue May 29, 2007 6:12 pm

Pacman wrote:
brewcrew4you wrote:Jim Gaffigan

He's a riot. His "Hot Pockets" bit is really great.

Yeah he's damn funny. No matter how many times I see it, that Hot Pockets bit cracks me up. For those that don't know, enjoy.

Also among my favorites, in no particular order, and I'm sure most have been mentioned already.

Lewis Black
Mitch Hedberg
Demetri Martin
Ron White
Dave Chappelle
Richard Pryor
Bill Hicks
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CheeseBeger » Tue May 29, 2007 6:41 pm

I also feel Mencia is worst popular comedian out there right now. I enjoy irony/deadpan/thoughtful humor and Mencia is the antithesis of that. He always brags about how racist his jokes are, and even when he says something humorous he ruins it by yelling something along of the lines of "OH SNAP I SAID THAT ON TV DRR DRDRRRDRDDR."

Dane Cook I haven't paid much attention to since his Comedy Central Presents routine which was extremely funny. Everything else I have heard of him lacks since.

I will not comment on Larry the Cable Guy.

Demitri is the next best one-liner guy since Hedberg, and he does a great job making it his own.

"Someone asked me if I was ticklish. When someone asks you if you are ticklish, no matter how your reply, they are going to touch you. When someone asks you that, you should say something like: I have diarrhea.... and, yes... I am very ticklish"
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby tuff_gong » Tue May 29, 2007 7:04 pm

Richard Pryor is great. There's just something about him that makes me die laughing everytime I watch his stuff. I'm not huge on some of Robin Williams' movies, but his Broadway special is hilarious. Dave Attell (anyone ever watch Insomniac?) and Lewis Black are great too.

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue May 29, 2007 7:12 pm

I watched this guy on Comedy Central Presents a few months ago named Kyle Cease. After the first few minutes I found him really over the top and not funny at all but he grew on me as he went on and by the end I was bawling my eyes out laughing.

He just went on non-stop and his facial expressions to go along with everything was great.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RyanK » Tue May 29, 2007 11:56 pm

i saw Jim Gaffigan live this past year down in Tampa, he was hilarious

him, brian regan, lewis black and mitch have always been comics i can listen to over and over
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby brewcrew4you » Wed May 30, 2007 12:02 am

Pacman wrote:
brewcrew4you wrote:Jim Gaffigan

He's a riot. His "Hot Pockets" bit is really great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjeYevD_7QU

"Good moooorning... you're about to call in sick"
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby daullaz » Wed May 30, 2007 12:39 am

I don't think anyone mentioned my favorite...Eddie Izzard! Dressed to Kill is probably my favorite stand-up ever.

Anyways, my Top 10 looks like this:

Eddie Izzard
Dave Chappelle
Mitch Hedberg
Lewis Black
Zach Galifianakis
Jim Gaffigan
Demetri Martin
George Carlin
George Lopez
Brian Regan
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk