Mark Reynolds - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Mark Reynolds

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mark Reynolds

Postby BronxBomber2007 » Mon May 28, 2007 12:15 am

I know he is off to a hot start and most likely will fizzle or come down to earth....What is everyone's take on him? Do you think he will get sent down when Tracey is healthy and if not what role will he play on the Diamondbacks?
BronxBomber2007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby OnceinDC2\1 » Mon May 28, 2007 1:36 am

tough to say really. I think it says something as to the Dbacks opinion of him that he came up and started hitting cleanup immediately when they have other guys who have some power. I added him to my bench today. I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up hitting another 12 HRs or so and has numbers that look a lot like braun's (though probably without the 8-10 bags braun will swipe). He also will be batting in a better spot to drive in runs. If he keeps this up there is speculation tracy might play some games at first when he gets back. I guess we'll see what happens over the next several days.
OnceinDC2\1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby camden » Mon May 28, 2007 11:32 am

What's the word on when Tracy is coming back? Anyone know anything?
Got Peavy?
camden Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dracovonborax » Mon May 28, 2007 1:18 pm

Bob Melvin has high praise for him.""Watching him taking batting practice, I have never seen anything like it," Melvin said. "It reminds me of (Mark) McGwire when he was hitting balls in the bleachers and out of buildings."
then manager feels so good about him he should make your team, if you have the room that is. he should see plenty of playtime.
dracovonborax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby stevethumb » Mon May 28, 2007 1:26 pm

i just don't see him as a full time regular..his defense is highly suspect..and remember that the d'backs are in a pennant race and can't afford a defensive liablility at the corner..you make your way to the bigs w/your bat and you stay there w/your glove, something we dismiss in roto...i think that tracy goes back to 3rd when he is eligible to come off the DL and reynolds will be a utility guy taking PT and ABs from callaspo and maybe a corner OFer
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby avstars » Mon May 28, 2007 2:04 pm

There's this article on Yahoo sports saying he had played in several IF position and the corner OF positions, so he may be experimented in other positions. If I were the D-Backs, I would keep him around and see what happens.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/newsslug=baseballnotes&prov=st&type=lgns
avstars
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby OnceinDC2\1 » Mon May 28, 2007 3:45 pm

stevethumb wrote:i just don't see him as a full time regular..his defense is highly suspect..and remember that the d'backs are in a pennant race and can't afford a defensive liablility at the corner..you make your way to the bigs w/your bat and you stay there w/your glove, something we dismiss in roto...i think that tracy goes back to 3rd when he is eligible to come off the DL and reynolds will be a utility guy taking PT and ABs from callaspo and maybe a corner OFer

there are quite a few guys who play suspect defense and will continue to get playing time if they hit. No one hitting the way he has been right now is going to sit. Ever watched B.J. Upton try and field a routine double-play ball? He's in the lineup because he's been hitting extremely well. What you say is true but only if the hitter is slumping.
OnceinDC2\1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby herb96 » Mon May 28, 2007 5:40 pm

I picked him up, but I also have pay-rod and cabrerra. I think he will stick, but hopfully he becomes eligible for another position.
herb96 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Slevin Kelevra » Mon May 28, 2007 8:53 pm

stevethumb wrote:i just don't see him as a full time regular..his defense is highly suspect..and remember that the d'backs are in a pennant race and can't afford a defensive liablility at the corner..you make your way to the bigs w/your bat and you stay there w/your glove, something we dismiss in roto...i think that tracy goes back to 3rd when he is eligible to come off the DL and reynolds will be a utility guy taking PT and ABs from callaspo and maybe a corner OFer

so they can afford offensive liability but.........not defensive liability

nice one
Slevin Kelevra
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Injuries & Player Updates