11 year old kills 1,051 pound wild pig - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

11 year old kills 1,051 pound wild pig

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CheeseBeger » Sun May 27, 2007 11:51 pm

Thanks to Wikipedia here is the apparant domestic pig winner "Big Bill" who clocks in at just over 2,500 lbs

2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby theclefe » Mon May 28, 2007 12:43 am

Being a city guy, I have a hard time believing things that large still roam the wild. If something can grow to that size and not be noticed until now, then someone needs to build a few condos down there.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon May 28, 2007 1:06 am

theclefe wrote:Being a city guy, I have a hard time believing things that large still roam the wild. If something can grow to that size and not be noticed until now, then someone needs to build a few condos down there.

thats exactly how i feel...if i saw either of those pigs, id be moving out of town ASAP.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Coppermine » Mon May 28, 2007 1:19 am

This reminds me of "Hogzilla."

There's a whole article on Snopes about it, and being the crafty mythbusters that they are, already have a blurb at the bottom about this record setting feral pig.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/hogzilla.asp
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Fireball Express » Mon May 28, 2007 2:00 am

Who would win, this Hog or Coppermine's Grizzly Bear? :-?
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Mon May 28, 2007 2:03 am

Snakes Gould wrote:i dont even think its right for an 11 year old to be handling a firearm.

Believe it or not, that 11 year old is probably far more responsible with his gun(s) than quite a few adults. Not a popular view I know, but there are tons of young adults raised around guns that respect the weapons, respect what those weapons can do, know how to handle and be safe when handling a gun, and act appropriately when handling one. ;-D

Anyway, back to the story. That's one big pig! 8-o :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby CadensDad » Mon May 28, 2007 2:00 pm

Madison wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:i dont even think its right for an 11 year old to be handling a firearm.

Believe it or not, that 11 year old is probably far more responsible with his gun(s) than quite a few adults. Not a popular view I know, but there are tons of young adults raised around guns that respect the weapons, respect what those weapons can do, know how to handle and be safe when handling a gun, and act appropriately when handling one. ;-D

Anyway, back to the story. That's one big pig! 8-o :-b

Very good point Madison, I was trained when I was 5-6-7-8 on up how to shoot a gun, from pistols, to rifles to shotguns. My dad trained me not to ever even joke around pointing it at someone and how to take care of the gun......... hunting is part of becoming a man to many southern people (And some northern but not as many.) Some avid hunters teach there kids how to hunt, clean, cook and eat the deer, duck, hog or whatever they are hunting it's more than common to have kids as young as 5 and 6 on hunting trip's with their own guns on these trip's. MY 7 year old nephew has his own 22 rifle that's spiecallly made to where the stock and barrell are the right size for his body. It's a very common thing

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon May 28, 2007 7:07 pm

all right let me try to explain my viewpoint. after years of practice/training whatever i could understand a young teen 13-14 being responsible with a gun. but do you think its appropriate to FIRST teach them. a 5 year old can hardly READ yet, but he's going to be taught how to blast a shotgun? i just dont see how a 5 year old can make a responsible decision between "ok, heres a deer lets shoot it, and theres a dog/child/person, lets shoot that" or "lets play with the guns when daddy's not around".

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby CheeseBeger » Mon May 28, 2007 7:58 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:all right let me try to explain my viewpoint. after years of practice/training whatever i could understand a young teen 13-14 being responsible with a gun. but do you think its appropriate to FIRST teach them. a 5 year old can hardly READ yet, but he's going to be taught how to blast a shotgun? i just dont see how a 5 year old can make a responsible decision between "ok, heres a deer lets shoot it, and theres a dog/child/person, lets shoot that" or "lets play with the guns when daddy's not around".

I agree, after speaking with a few 5 year olds, there seems to lack of critical thinking and reasoning skills on their part.
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby pokeyjoe » Mon May 28, 2007 8:20 pm

Fireball Express wrote:Who would win, this Hog or Coppermine's Grizzly Bear? :-?

This hog could just frikkin sit on the grizzly bear.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
pokeyjoe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk