Keeper League Draft... Results - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Keeper League Draft... Results

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper League Draft... Results

Postby SuperS1989 » Sun May 27, 2007 8:54 pm

Okay guys, just got out of a Midseason Draft. This is a keeper league, 14 Teams, 5x5 Standard Roto on sportsline. What do you guys think, who should I trade, and where should I look for youth? All help Appreciate. Leave Links, WHIR if you want.

C- Paul Lo Duca
C- Yadier Moliina
1B- Carlos Delgado
2B- Dan Uggla
3B- David Wright
SS- Hanley Ramirez
MI- Craig Biggio
CI- Richie Sexson
OF-Shawn Green
OF-Ken Griffey
OF-Geoff Jenkins
OF- Magglio Ordonez
OF-Gary Sheffield
UT- Dan Johnson

PITCHING
Armando Benitez
Chris Capuano
Orlando Hernandez
Jason Isringhausen
Greg Maddux
Curt Schilling
Billy Wagner
Bob Wickman
Dontrell Willis

RESERVE PITCHING
Jon Garland
Pedro Martinez (DL)
Chien Ming Wan
SuperS1989
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SuperS1989 » Sun May 27, 2007 10:45 pm

Bump. Can anyone help tell me what I should look to improve, or some potential trades to go after? WHIR Leave a link
SuperS1989
College Coach
College Coach

Postby xstabwestx » Mon May 28, 2007 12:00 am

Hey man, sorry I took me so long to respond. I didn't think anyone would respond to my thread anymore, so I left the computer. Thanks for your very solid advice.

It's hard for me to say exactly where to improve your team since you're just starting from scratch. I guess the 2 positions that jump out at me right away to improve are C and OF. I think Magglio and Griffey are both great sell-highs right now, esp Magglio. I have no idea where his monstrous year is coming from, but his value will definitely never be higher. All 5 of your OFs are very old, so I would look for some youth there. Hunter Pence seems to be the real deal if he's available.
xstabwestx
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby farrell_i » Mon May 28, 2007 3:15 am

i think you're looking pretty solid. maybe upgrade OF and SP. you have alot of closers, maybe you could shop one. other than that i think you're lookin great!

barrett, pujols, morneau, figgins, braun, glaus, hardy, soriano, pence, rios, victorino
oswalt, hill, shields, gallardo, hughes, lilly, bailey, wolf, izzy, hoffman, accardo
farrell_i
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SuperS1989 » Mon May 28, 2007 9:51 am

Alright thanks guys. I'm kind of hesitant to sell high on mags cause I'm thinking hes the real deal. People were predicting that he would have this kind of a year in 2004 (or 2003?) but then he got hurt. Griffey is really killing me though. Hes got so much talent he can rake up monster numbers, but hes older and injury proned. I was able to get him pretty late in the draft, what kind of player do you think I could get for Griffey? What is his value in other peoples eyes.
SuperS1989
College Coach
College Coach

Postby A2J » Mon May 28, 2007 10:48 am

As for where to look for youth- I think a better question would be where not to look for youth. Honestly, this is one of the older keeper teams I've seen.

A good starting point would be trying to get younger in your outfield. I know you don't want to trade Mags, but you could probably get a decent young SP for him if you're willing to take a slight downgrade at the position.

Your pitching staff is also long in the tooth. I see Cap, Wang, and Willis as the only building blocks you have going forward. Neither one I'd classify as a "super stud", and all three bring their share of drawbacks. Willis, you never know what you're gonna get from him. Wang will get wins and decent peripherals but few K's. Cap has a history of struggling in the second half. Perhaps look to trade Cap before that happens.

You got some work to do! Above all else, look to slowly infuse young talent into this team.

Thanks for helping me with mine.
A2J
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SuperS1989 » Mon May 28, 2007 10:55 am

Yeah, I'm trying to work on getting guys like Upton, Rios, Lincecum, and Hamels. Thanks for all of the input guys. Feel free to add to this, anyone.
SuperS1989
College Coach
College Coach

Postby espnsportsfan » Mon May 28, 2007 11:55 am

could use younger starters such as hamels, kasmir, or lincecum
My Fantasy Baseball Blog:http://sandlotsabermetrics.com
espnsportsfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Spotter