How can I turn around my season, WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How can I turn around my season, WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How can I turn around my season, WHIR

Postby xstabwestx » Sun May 27, 2007 8:37 pm

I thought I drafted a strong team, and now I'm sitting in 9th out of 12. I'd like to move up to 6th by the end of the year so I can at least make the playoffs.

C: Ivan Rodriguez (Piazza on DL)
1B: Derrek Lee
2B: Rickie Weeks
SS: Michael Young
3B: David Wright
OF: Carl Crawford
OF: Hideki Matsui
OF: Markakis/Cust
Util: Jim Thome

SP: Peavy, Kazmir, C Zambrano, Lincecum, Escobar, Maddux, Lowry, S. Olsen, Lieber
RP: Ray, R Soriano, Alfonseca (I know, I know)
DL: Soria

I know my closers are awful, I blame losing BJ Ryan for that. My starting pitching has been very strong. My hitting is killing me. None of my guys are having great years, but they're all too good to drop. I don't think any of them are really sell-high candidates either. Do you guys think I should just wait off the storm, or do I need to trade for more hitting? I will help you in return.
xstabwestx
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SuperS1989 » Sun May 27, 2007 10:07 pm

On paper that is an extermely solid team. Its just one of those examples when the starts you pickup start slow or have bad years. Wright has been turning it around as of late, and thome is back off the DL. I think the best thing you can do is just try and wait it out, even moreso if this is a keeper league. Your best bet is to wait out the storm, any trade you try and make you would really be selling low. If its not a keeper league I would wave Lincecum infront of some teams and see how high they are riding on him. Your best bet would be to trade Kazmir and/or Lincecum for some hitting (ONLY if its not a keeper). If it is a keeper you may wanna try trading zambrano or someone like that, packaged with matsui to a heavy hitting team. Try and plug their holes and get a big HR/RBI man for your outfield.

Help Please?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=292461
SuperS1989
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SuperS1989 » Sun May 27, 2007 10:09 pm

SuperS1989 wrote:On paper that is an extermely solid team. Its just one of those examples when the starts you pickup start slow or have bad years. Wright has been turning it around as of late, and thome is back off the DL. I think the best thing you can do is just try and wait it out, even moreso if this is a keeper league. Your best bet is to wait out the storm, any trade you try and make you would really be selling low. If its not a keeper league I would wave Lincecum infront of some teams and see how high they are riding on him. Your best bet would be to trade Kazmir and/or Lincecum for some hitting (ONLY if its not a keeper). If it is a keeper you may wanna try trading zambrano or someone like that, packaged with matsui to a heavy hitting team. Try and plug their holes and get a big HR/RBI man for your outfield.

Sometimes you have to forget about a category to get ahead in 2/3 others. Your closer situation is beyond repair, and it would cost too much to just get in contention for saves honestly.

Help Please?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=292461
SuperS1989
College Coach
College Coach

Postby shoelessjoetara » Mon May 28, 2007 12:20 am

You have a very strong team . I was in the same predictament . Wait the storm out. your guys will turn it around. If Gourdado is still available pick him up.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=292525
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby MVP Weedman Favre » Mon May 28, 2007 12:23 am

Dotel is closing over Soria get rid of him get another closer if any are on the market like Gregg, Myers on DL, Dotel may be under the radar as closer for some.

You should make the playoffs in a 12 team leauge with that team.
MVP Weedman Favre
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CharlatanSin » Mon May 28, 2007 10:16 am

Yeah, I don't see you not making the playoffs. You've just got terrible luck with your hitters. If you more or less stand pat, you won't win your league, but the hitters should turn it around enough to get you into the playoffs. As far as improvements go, I'd sell Escobar high for some hitting, and maybe consider trading another of your aces.

If you have time, help me out?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=292446
She said always remember never to trust me
She said that the first night that she met me
She said "there's gonna be a time when I'm gonna have to go with whoever's gonna get me the highest."
CharlatanSin
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team