Papelbon - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Papelbon

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Insane Eric » Tue May 29, 2007 6:31 am

jcook3127 wrote:
Insane Eric wrote:
flooredyas wrote:Actually pitched Friday to finish off the game in a non-save situation (due to non use) and then saved last nights game. Forget about him going 3 games in a row.

i don't get it? wasnt he going to be a starting pitcher throwing a 100+ pitches a game?

Throwing 100 pitches every 5 days as a starter isn't as bad for Papelbon as him coming out of the pen three days in a row...

As a starter, he would've been on a regimented schedule, he would know exactly when he would have to put strain on that shoulder and have guarenteed time of rest..

As a closer, he could have to turn it on and off like that...for his shoulder, pitching 3 days in a row for a total of about 55 pitches puts more strain on him than if he would have those days off in between...thats exactly why Papelbon went down towards the end of last year with shoulder fatigue...

Also, early this season when Papelbon was brought in for a third game in a row, his velocity was noticeably down in the 91-92 area when he usually works within 95-97 and he blew a save...since that point, Francona has been overly-cautious in how he uses Pap...and as long as Okajima continues to have success, I don't think it will change

sounds good. thanks for the info. pap had me worried last night in the 9th!
Insane Eric
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates