Has anyone else been annoyed by Yahoo because of this.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Has anyone else been annoyed by Yahoo because of this....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun May 27, 2007 7:07 pm

wrveres wrote:
jswede wrote:The issue is with the shallow player pool.

We have been having this debate in here for the last couple of weeks.
There are some decent discussions with an engineer from yahoo. They are probably only a couple of pages back, at best. Well worth reading. The gist of the conversation was that they will address the player pool for next season.

this is what i was going to say as well....heres the link

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... &start=195

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby poopdungbeatle » Mon May 28, 2007 3:11 am

akula wrote:prospects are no guarantees..

for every Pence there is B. Butler..
for every A Gordon there is Braun..
for every Lincecum there is Hughes..

etc

i dont get what your saying.....

Pence is great, Butler will probably be great also. Gordon is now finally coming along, Braun is doing well for his first few games. Lincecum is domination, and Hughes was pitching a gem before he got injured.....
so i dont understand "for ever #### there is @@@"
poopdungbeatle
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Mon May 28, 2007 9:41 am

I'm with the rest. I hate it when I play for free and they don't do exactly what I want and when I want it.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby tgalv » Mon May 28, 2007 9:11 pm

people that get pissed off at articles have no life. are you out on the beaten path scouting these players? its ridiculous that you "deserve" these players because you read about them on some fantasy baseball site instead of the "newbie" yahoo front page.
tgalv
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bravelaker » Mon May 28, 2007 9:39 pm

Lofunzo wrote:I'm with the rest. I hate it when I play for free and they don't do exactly what I want and when I want it.

:-D
bravelaker
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mak1277 » Tue May 29, 2007 1:04 am

angels7777 wrote:
mak1277 wrote:There are so many places to get information these days, though, that I don't think it matters if Yahoo is putting up front page articles. I mean, I've been reading about Braun and Gallardo (and Hamels last year) in mainstream articles on other websites for months.

If the people in your league are even remotely into baseball, they knew about these guys already. I wouldn't want to play in a league where that wasn't the case. Heck, we draft offline and Braun, Gallardo and Lincecum were ALL drafted in both my leagues this year.

just out of curiosity how big are your leagues and KL or non?

Both keepers. One is 9-team NL-only. The other is a 12-team with a really deep bench.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue May 29, 2007 1:11 am

tgalv wrote:people that get pissed off at articles have no life. are you out on the beaten path scouting these players? its ridiculous that you "deserve" these players because you read about them on some fantasy baseball site instead of the "newbie" yahoo front page.

Amen. I've noticed a rush of these guys this year, too. Maybe it's always that way and I've only noticed this season, but I'm not sure. The Cafe is great and all, but I find great joy in playing against people who have it as a resource the same as I do. That's a real test. Not me being able to swoop in on a guy because I know of this site whereas league-mates don't. Sure, the information is out there in other places if you look for it, but it's hysterical that people feel cheated when their precious Cafe doesn't act as the sole separation between what they know and what their competition knows. Takes a big part of the strategy out of it for me. As I said earlier, I get the most fun out of playing against an entire league of Cafe vets, who have access to everything I do, and any further extensive research done is all individual.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 814)

Postby thedude » Tue May 29, 2007 1:23 am

05worldserieschamps wrote:This has cost me troubles too. I did get Lincecum, but Phillip Hughes wasnt available for the longest time. I checked all the Time. Then, about 72 hrs AFTER they announced he was going to start(and everyone gets to hype him up) he gets picked up by another guy JUST because he happened to check it at the right time.

Worst part? Its a keeper league. This guy just secured a Legit Ace for the next 10 years just becuase Yahoo! didnt add Hughes at the start of the season.

If you league had Waivers or minor league system it wouldn't have been a problem.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 90)

Postby Legia13 » Tue May 29, 2007 2:16 am

poopdungbeatle wrote:
akula wrote:prospects are no guarantees..

for every Pence there is B. Butler..
for every A Gordon there is Braun..
for every Lincecum there is Hughes..

etc

i dont get what your saying.....

Pence is great, Butler will probably be great also. Gordon is now finally coming along, Braun is doing well for his first few games. Lincecum is domination, and Hughes was pitching a gem before he got injured.....
so i dont understand "for ever #### there is @@@"

Yeah, you can count me in on the confused list.
Legia13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers