Harden Injury: "No Return in Sight ...." - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Harden Injury: "No Return in Sight ...."

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Knights » Sun May 27, 2007 12:28 pm

Not that I don't believe this, because it is Harden after all... but has anyone seen anything in writing about those comments made by Beane?

I'm ready to drop Harden in my H2H league, but I just want to be sure that I won't read tomorrow that he'll be returning next week as soon as I dump him.
Knights
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 62)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Crippler » Sun May 27, 2007 12:56 pm

Dodged a bullet there. Everyone and his momma in the cafe were telling me not to do the trade where I gave him up right before the injury. I think a lot of people around here take streaks too seriously and injury risks too lightly. 2 weeks into the season you would have thought MCab was the second coming by the comments around here.
Crippler
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 20)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby yassassin » Sun May 27, 2007 1:08 pm

Not that I don't believe this, because it is Harden after all... but has anyone seen anything in writing about those comments made by Beane?

I'm ready to drop Harden in my H2H league, but I just want to be sure that I won't read tomorrow that he'll be returning next week as soon as I dump him.

yeah... I gotta say I feel the same way. Any more reports on this? I've got a huge list of FAs I'm ready to pick up if Harden's out.
yassassin
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sportsaddict » Sun May 27, 2007 3:17 pm

Crippler wrote:Dodged a bullet there. Everyone and his momma in the cafe were telling me not to do the trade where I gave him up right before the injury. I think a lot of people around here take streaks too seriously and injury risks too lightly. 2 weeks into the season you would have thought MCab was the second coming by the comments around here.

I agree with you but what does Miguel Cabrera have to do with anything? :-?
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby d18Mike » Mon May 28, 2007 12:10 am

The source is the ESPN Baseball Today 5/25 podcast -- listen for yourself. Again, he doesn't say Harden is finished for the year: I want to be clear about that, but direct quote is: "no end in sight until when he will return from the disabled list." Twice.

The "no return in sight" comment is from a Olney radio brodcast later that day. Same sentiment.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby aberry33 » Mon May 28, 2007 10:16 am

Sportsline says he is about to start throwing again.
aberry33
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Fritzenhammer » Mon May 28, 2007 10:23 am

Ugh... You're killing me Rich...

FH
Fritzenhammer
College Coach
College Coach

Postby d18Mike » Mon May 28, 2007 8:23 pm

This report differs from the upbeat Sportsline news. This from Baseball Injury Report (Rick Wilton) on Baseball HQ:

Dr. HQ, Injury Analyst
May 28, 2007

Rich Harden (RHP, OAK)
Harden is on the DL with a strained pitching shoulder with an expected return date in early to mid June. That was the projection up until the past day or so. Manager Bob Geren made a statement that has us concerned. Harden indicates he 'just doesn't feel great.' This isn't a detailed explanation what is going on. But five weeks or so into a rehab program the news should be a lot more positive. The A's say he'll take a few days off to see if his shoulder rebounds. And while it just may be a tired arm or something minor, a more serious ailment may be the cause. The signs are there. If you are a Harden owner, I'd be concerned, very concerned.

-----

I guess what gets me about this is the 5 weeks part -- that's a heckofa long time for what has only been described as "shoulder irritation." There must be something else going on.
Last edited by d18Mike on Mon May 28, 2007 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Geek » Mon May 28, 2007 8:28 pm

I just dealt him and Halladay for Abreu and Howard.

He belongs on the permanent "DO NOT DRAFT" list.
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

Postby pangbones » Mon May 28, 2007 11:16 pm

Geek wrote:I just dealt him and Halladay for Abreu and Howard.

He belongs on the permanent "DO NOT DRAFT" list.

I was able to basically turn him and D Lee into Halladay and D Wright!! I couldn't take it anymore. I will never draft him again, unless its LATE!! I thought the 10th round was a good time to gamble on him. 2 Weeks ago, I looked back at who I COULD have drafted instead, and I almost started crying!! Bedard, C Young, Haren, just to name a few!! :~(
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates