Please rate other teams when posting - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please rate other teams when posting

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please rate other teams when posting

Postby Arlo » Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:47 pm

In order to make sure that each roster receives as many useful opinions as possible, please take the time to analyze a team or two after you've posted your own roster.

Also, please post any relevant information that might help others provide input on your team, including the number of teams in your league, the scoring system, etc.

Thanks! :-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jimbo OZ » Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:17 am

Yeah... I see a lot of people viewing and adding new teams but not too many people reviewing teams and offering advice.
Jimbo OZ
College Coach
College Coach

Postby canibus » Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:01 pm

Agreed. In general, this forum would be better if people gave as much as they got. If I notice someone making alot of posts without even attempting to help others, I'm just ignoring them and I suggest you all do the same. All you have to do is take a minute or two to help at least one person out each time you post. And then things work nicely...
canibus Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mmdmaznn » Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:18 am

It's just good form...also try and post to those that don't have many responses...to spread out and give everyone a chance to get some quality feedback!
"No risk, no reward..."
mmdmaznn
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jbones733 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:06 pm

i agree guys, my new thing is i look to people who have 0 or 1 response and reply to all of them. i see alot going by w no help. even if its the same topic, like alot of people asking about e jackson or something. sometimes people dont see the prior posts so ill post again whatever info i have
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby thetongueofire » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:12 pm

nicely put by everyone!
analyzing other guys team, trades and moves also makes you better as a manager yourself because you tend to look at things more objectively. looking at many different teams is also a nice way to understand and develop your own drafting strategies ;-D .
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Jarrod32 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:00 pm

And a note to those who are asking for advice: Please spell out the context of your league. How many teams in your league, do you draft from AL, NL, or mixed, scoring system, etc. It makes a big difference.

For example, if I told you my starting staff (Sabathia, Ryan Franklin, Radke, Washburn) many people would probably not think that it is very good. But...I play in an auction draft league with seven teams, and we draft from the American League Central and West divisions (nine MLB teams). No NL players, no players from the AL east. When you realize that Detroit, Cleveland, and Texas make up one-third of the pitching staffs that we can draft from, it changes the perspective.

By the way...that staff finished no less than second place in Wins, ERA, and Ratio in our 4x4 rotisserie league and represented the championship team.

Please indicate the context of your league so that we can better help you.
There's a madness to my methods...
Jarrod32
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby whitesox04champs » Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:09 am

Jimbo OZ wrote:Yeah... I see a lot of people viewing and adding new teams but not too many people reviewing teams and offering advice.

ya, when people add teams onto others posts, it is REALLY annoying...............
whitesox04champs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

well

Postby irishdude103 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:28 pm

well im really new and i don't know if i'm supposed to rate people's because i am only a college coach, so do i rate people's team's who have more posts than i do
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby gateman4 » Fri May 07, 2004 1:38 pm

I agree with all of you. I have my teams rated as do I rate other teams and I especially try to rate those with minimal views and posts. But it seems that a relatively new thing on the forum is to ask; "I'll rate yours if you rate mine." I'd like to see this minimalized, it is somewhat annoying, as it sounds like something a third grader would say. I'll rate yours and most every other member will rate yours with no problem, you dont have to whine for it.

Just my 2 cents.
You owe it to yourself to be the best you can possible be - in baseball and in life.
--Pete Rose

A hot dog at the ball park is better than steak at the Ritz.
--Humphrey Bogart
gateman4
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team