Chris B. Young - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Article Discussions

Chris B. Young

Moderators: daullaz, Baseball Moderators

Chris B. Young

Postby WebHamster » Sat May 26, 2007 2:45 pm

This thread contains comments on Aaron West's Sleeper "Chris B. Young", which was featured in the Cafe's Sleepers section on May 26, 2007. The full article can be read here.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 717)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jamastaballa » Sat May 26, 2007 7:39 pm

Hey buddy, I liked the article, but have some writing criticism for you if you care...hopefully you do.

I felt like I was sifting through lots of needless words, so in the future, if you want to write this:

Young’s only real weakness is his batting average. So far this year he is hitting .271, which is good considering he started slow. In the minor leagues he was a consistent .270 hitter, so that’s probably what we can expect in the major leagues. If he’s able to cut down on his strikeouts and show a little more patience at the plate, he could easily become a .300 hitter.

You could write this:

Considering Young's slow start, his .271 batting average is respectable, and .300 is within range if he can cut down the strikeouts and show a little more patience at the plate.

See, you're saying the same thing as me, but it just takes less time to say it, and you can get to your next point.

As far as content, I think Young is a solid sleeper-type as well, especially because those Arizona guys have seemed so obscure in recent years. Hope it works out for you!
jamastaballa
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Article Discussions