Making it Illegal to Punt Saves. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Making it Illegal to Punt Saves.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Sun May 27, 2007 1:37 am

lesieu wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
I remember back when we didn't have IP some guys will play only their closers winning half of the pitching stats (you don't get CG/SHO very week those are like gifts :p ) therefore they focused only on offense, that's why one year we added IP to encourage everybody the use of SP. Other year we added MAX moves to control the pitching streaming, and so on. Our league has been equally balance since.

Why can't you just set the minimum weekly IP to something like 30??

Some of us look for pitches that go the distance in look for the CG/SHO and if any of my pitchers did, I would only have 21 IP left for that week.
I like the league the way it is, you can stream pitchers as long as you don't run out of moves knowing that you might lose the BB and ERA.

I said minimum. ;-) None of that matters in that case.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Splendid61 » Sun May 27, 2007 2:13 am

Replace the IP category with Losses as a category. Then institute a relatively high minimum IP requirement to prevent owners from going the other way and carrying too many closers and middle relievers.
Splendid61
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun May 27, 2007 2:52 am

Lofunzo wrote:
Amatter32 wrote:IP as a category isn't a bad cat in my opinion. Having a max on IP while having it as a stat cat is bad.

I hate using IP as a cat because you don't do anything to win that cat other than trotting out more starters. I like to reward quality and not quantity.

arent W's and K's the same thing in all reality? and hr, rbi, r, sb? they are all quanity too. for example, would it be wrong to play a bench hitter or pickup a hitter who has a game when your players have an off day? of course not. so why is it wrong or frown upon when people pick up pitchers for a some categories once in awhile. i dont think IP is a great category dont get me wrong, but it usually keep people honest in terms of sending out starters rather than a bunch of middle relievers. in my league we have 8 pithcing cats (ip, w,l,sv,h,bb,k,era) with a minimum of 20 ip a week. it usually works out pretty well.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Chadgo5 » Sun May 27, 2007 9:54 am

In our league we have 5 starters and 4 relievers. Whatever their role is in the majors is their role in our league. Frankly, I've always hated the leagues that allowed you to put either in the pitching slots. I'll never play in such a league again.
Chadgo5
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers