King Felix - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

King Felix

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby abrunn11 » Sat May 26, 2007 3:20 pm

And how can I not handle the answers? The same guy that doesn;t put him in the top 7 pitchers thinks you should get frist and second round players for him. Does this seem reasonable? Please tell me, who is going to trade Ryan Howard for Felix? Who is going to trade Grady Sizemore for Felix? NOBODY IS. And if there is someone, please direct me to their league so I can severely beat them year in and year out.
abrunn11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynoDyno » Sat May 26, 2007 3:20 pm

to answer your question, i would trade him off for a top flight player right now and nothing less. i am talking carlos lee, carlos beltran, crawford, sizemore, howard on the cheap. guys that are just below the top of the top as felix still has a lot of pull even though he doesnt truly deserve it.[/quote]

S I have a hard time believing someone would part with Lee, Beltran, Crawford, Sizemore or Howard for the the likes of Felix. Should I try and get Pujols straight up for him? How about Johan or Peavy?[/quote]

Your q's are of the not so good variety. Quoting, questioning, and quiche.

Work on your q's then we'll go backward to the p's. Posting, pontificating and paprika.
RynoDyno
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yoda » Sat May 26, 2007 3:45 pm

abrunn11 wrote:And how can I not handle the answers? The same guy that doesn;t put him in the top 7 pitchers thinks you should get frist and second round players for him. Does this seem reasonable? Please tell me, who is going to trade Ryan Howard for Felix? Who is going to trade Grady Sizemore for Felix? NOBODY IS. And if there is someone, please direct me to their league so I can severely beat them year in and year out.

You should just drop him.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby rjforlife » Sat May 26, 2007 3:51 pm

Yoda wrote:
abrunn11 wrote:And how can I not handle the answers? The same guy that doesn;t put him in the top 7 pitchers thinks you should get frist and second round players for him. Does this seem reasonable? Please tell me, who is going to trade Ryan Howard for Felix? Who is going to trade Grady Sizemore for Felix? NOBODY IS. And if there is someone, please direct me to their league so I can severely beat them year in and year out.

dump his sorry ass....i gurantee no one will pick him up.

seriously though....I dont think he is all that great, but people in your league might. i know a lot of people are very high on him and consider him a top 5 pitcher. crawford, sizemore, c. lee are not first rounders. they are second rounders and if you have felix in the top 5 he is 3rd round material. now in a trade, the point is to get someone BETTER than whom you are trading, otherwise there is no reason to trade. so my whole point is that you should try for the guys i mentioned, and if you can not get them, DONT TRADE FELIX.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1284)

Postby The Jury » Sat May 26, 2007 4:31 pm

rjforlife wrote:
Yoda wrote:

seriously though....I dont think he is all that great, but people in your league might. i know a lot of people are very high on him and consider him a top 5 pitcher. crawford, sizemore, c. lee are not first rounders. they are second rounders and if you have felix in the top 5 he is 3rd round material. now in a trade, the point is to get someone BETTER than whom you are trading, otherwise there is no reason to trade. so my whole point is that you should try for the guys i mentioned, and if you can not get them, DONT TRADE FELIX.

If you're dealing with other good managers, you probably won't be able to get a better player every time, but you can make a trade to get an equivalent player at a different position, or balance risk-reward.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Re: King Felix

Postby pokerplaya » Sat May 26, 2007 4:45 pm

abrunn11 wrote:Do you try and get what you can for him or will he turn it around. I am really concerned with his proneness to injury thus far. What do you guys think?

Turn what around? He is pitching fine.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby abrunn11 » Sat May 26, 2007 5:20 pm

rjforlife wrote:
Yoda wrote:

I said they were second rounders. In a non-keeper league this may be putting too much value on Felix. At this point, I would be happy with getting guys like ARam, Pronk and D Lee for him. Now maybe I have him under valued, that is why I am trying to take the temperature of other's perceived value of him. Any rate, I appreciate the response.
abrunn11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby abrunn11 » Sat May 26, 2007 5:21 pm

Yoda wrote:

Wow, two really helpful posts from you. Thanks for the contribution.
abrunn11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: King Felix

Postby abrunn11 » Sat May 26, 2007 5:24 pm

pokerplaya wrote:
abrunn11 wrote:Do you try and get what you can for him or will he turn it around. I am really concerned with his proneness to injury thus far. What do you guys think?

Turn what around? He is pitching fine.

I guess I am still factoring in last season as well as his last few starts. I have not seen him pitch first hand, but it sounds like he has really struggled with his control. Going back to last year, he has not been anywhere near the pitcher he was his rookie year and in the minors. I guess that is what i mean by "turn it around"
abrunn11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby duckbillgates » Sat May 26, 2007 5:35 pm

I would say now is exactly the wrong time to trade Felix. As you mentioned in a couple of unnecessarily snide comments, you aren't likely to get a top-flight, second-round-type bat for him, which is what he is still worth.

This latest injury will push his perceived value down, even though it is unrelated to his earlier injury, has nothing to do with his pitching arm and seems quite minor.

He didn't pitch for a month and needs to find his rhythm again. Given the starts he's already missed, his inning total will stay reasonable on the year. It seems more likely than not that he will hit a stretch of dominance and not look back.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."
— Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
duckbillgates
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers