King Felix - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

King Felix

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

King Felix

Postby abrunn11 » Sat May 26, 2007 9:51 am

Do you try and get what you can for him or will he turn it around. I am really concerned with his proneness to injury thus far. What do you guys think?
abrunn11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Smileyman9 » Sat May 26, 2007 10:23 am

I'll be honest, I'm not too concerned yet...for the most part I'm taking it as Seattle being very very careful with him, last nights pull is being reported as "stiffness in his lower back" which doesn't seem too alarming. Granted, if this ends up with him on the DL then I'll begin to worry a bit...
Smileyman9
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby CadensDad » Sat May 26, 2007 10:36 am

I'd say anything less than top 7 starter is wrong. Unless it's a non keeper then maybe a combo of RP/SP of lower level. But he's worth a top 7 pitcher IMO

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 27)

Postby Yoda » Sat May 26, 2007 10:52 am

CadensDad wrote:I'd say anything less than top 7 starter is wrong. Unless it's a non keeper then maybe a combo of RP/SP of lower level. But he's worth a top 7 pitcher IMO

In a redraft, there are a lot more than 7 pitchers that I would take over Felix right now.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby abrunn11 » Sat May 26, 2007 3:00 pm

In a redraft, there are a lot more than 7 pitchers that I would take over Felix right now.[/quote]

This really does not answer my question at all. My question was whether or an owner should try and get what they can for him or hold on to him, not whether or not there are 7 pitchers better than him.
abrunn11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Sat May 26, 2007 3:01 pm

I sent him and Wainwright away for Ichiro a while ago. Never looked back.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Ali2907 » Sat May 26, 2007 3:02 pm

i just traded rich hill for him in a keeper league. i am a little concerned for this season but in a keeper league it was almost a no brainer.
Ali2907
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rjforlife » Sat May 26, 2007 3:03 pm

abrunn11 wrote:In a redraft, there are a lot more than 7 pitchers that I would take over Felix right now.

This really does not answer my question at all. My question was whether or an owner should try and get what they can for him or hold on to him, not whether or not there are 7 pitchers better than him.[/quote]

slow your roll homey......he responded to a post someone made that he thought was wrong (as do i ;-) ), so dont disregard peoples comments like that.

to answer your question, i would trade him off for a top flight player right now and nothing less. i am talking carlos lee, carlos beltran, crawford, sizemore, howard on the cheap. guys that are just below the top of the top as felix still has a lot of pull even though he doesnt truly deserve it.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1284)

Postby abrunn11 » Sat May 26, 2007 3:08 pm

to answer your question, i would trade him off for a top flight player right now and nothing less. i am talking carlos lee, carlos beltran, crawford, sizemore, howard on the cheap. guys that are just below the top of the top as felix still has a lot of pull even though he doesnt truly deserve it.[/quote]

S I have a hard time believing someone would part with Lee, Beltran, Crawford, Sizemore or Howard for the the likes of Felix. Should I try and get Pujols straight up for him? How about Johan or Peavy?
abrunn11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Payne Dailey » Sat May 26, 2007 3:15 pm

abrunn11 wrote:S I have a hard time believing someone would part with Lee, Beltran, Crawford, Sizemore or Howard for the the likes of Felix. Should I try and get Pujols straight up for him? How about Johan or Peavy?

You shouldn't ask questions if you can't handle the answers.

I would keep him in a keeper and I would see what I could get in a redraft since you didn't say which type of league you're playing.
Payne Dailey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers