The troubling Tampa Bay sportswriters - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The troubling Tampa Bay sportswriters

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Sat May 26, 2007 12:34 pm

scr wrote:
Yoda wrote:
scr wrote:
Yoda wrote:Were there not enough Dukes discussions in the other threads that you had to start yet another one?



Yoda, et-tu, brutus?

This thread is not about Dukes. This thread is about the growing malignancy known as the Tampa media and the resultant financial harm done to the Tampa Bay Baseball franchise.

It's about time somebody, somewhere, called these folks to task (since they are so fond of popping off irresponsibly about certain players).

If left unchecked, the media, left to themselves, may wrongly target any one of us in future opines. Should that occasion happen to you, Yoda, perhaps your view of this situation would rise to the level of concern that it should be now. There are real consequences to irresponsible journalism, consequences that should raise eyebrows now.


Yeah but then again I would never go on record to threaten to kill someone or her kids either. :-°



Yoda, if you have the time, take a gander at the st. pete times today. Tried and convicted by the writers, without sensibly putting the matter, as a whole, together. Dukes is now the official poster child of spousal abuse.

This is not the first time the Tampa media has gotten it wrong. Until a real, well publicized boycott of advertising revenues is implemented, these folks will continue to run with what sells rather than honest reporting. Last year's circus was relentless.

The bottom line is a smaller bottom line to ownership if they continue to cower to biased reporting. And again, this could happen to any one of us.


So what you are saying is that it is the media's fault that Dukes has a history of off the field problems? It is the media's fault that Dukes threatened to kill someone and he children? I guess it is also the media's fault that Young threw a bat at an ump and was caught on camera.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Sat May 26, 2007 12:38 pm

Brilliantly articulated, AdvRider!

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you, folks.

The media hurting the D-Rays' bottom line!? Hilarious! Come on man, winning is what puts fannies in the seats - the D'Rays haven't done that since Day 1. Hell, their 19-28 record right now constitutes major success for them at the moment. People couldn't give a rip about what the big bad media says in terms of letting it decide whether they're gonna go to a ballgame or not. It's won-loss record and what kind of excitement is generated at the game. If off-the-field crap reported by the media really drove attendance and support down, then most sports teams would be out of business!

Also, defending Elijah Dukes. Seriously, how low can you go?
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2850
Joined: 1 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Sat May 26, 2007 1:15 pm

Yoda wrote:
scr wrote:
Yoda wrote:
scr wrote:
Yoda wrote:Were there not enough Dukes discussions in the other threads that you had to start yet another one?



Yoda, et-tu, brutus?

This thread is not about Dukes. This thread is about the growing malignancy known as the Tampa media and the resultant financial harm done to the Tampa Bay Baseball franchise.

It's about time somebody, somewhere, called these folks to task (since they are so fond of popping off irresponsibly about certain players).

If left unchecked, the media, left to themselves, may wrongly target any one of us in future opines. Should that occasion happen to you, Yoda, perhaps your view of this situation would rise to the level of concern that it should be now. There are real consequences to irresponsible journalism, consequences that should raise eyebrows now.


Yeah but then again I would never go on record to threaten to kill someone or her kids either. :-°



Yoda, if you have the time, take a gander at the st. pete times today. Tried and convicted by the writers, without sensibly putting the matter, as a whole, together. Dukes is now the official poster child of spousal abuse.

This is not the first time the Tampa media has gotten it wrong. Until a real, well publicized boycott of advertising revenues is implemented, these folks will continue to run with what sells rather than honest reporting. Last year's circus was relentless.

The bottom line is a smaller bottom line to ownership if they continue to cower to biased reporting. And again, this could happen to any one of us.


So what you are saying is that it is the media's fault that Dukes has a history of off the field problems? It is the media's fault that Dukes threatened to kill someone and he children? I guess it is also the media's fault that Young threw a bat at an ump and was caught on camera.


The media is wrong to propagate guilty until proven innocent in an shock-value effort for attention and profit.
Image
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1536
Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: 6 feet under

Postby jswede » Sat May 26, 2007 1:22 pm

Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:The media is wrong to propagate guilty until proven innocent in an shock-value effort for attention and profit.


Those brilliant Tampa Bay writers.... what a concept they have come up with. Maybe it will catch on in other media outlets. :-?
jswede
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 702
Joined: 15 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Chicago

Postby 405z06 » Sat May 26, 2007 1:27 pm

The D Rays str8 up draft thugs and gangstas. Very hardcore. !+)
405z06
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 126
Joined: 23 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St Louis, MO

Postby RugbyD » Sat May 26, 2007 1:30 pm

the media doesn't make players do the things that get their names in the paper. the Tampa media didn't invent the personal deficiencies of these players. My dad had occasion to meet Lou Piniella about a year ago and asked him if he had anything to do with the drafting of Young and Dukes, to which he issued a firm "No". The Tampa media didn't invent shortcomings in character for these guys, they existed long before they players ever got there.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 5591
Joined: 7 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: punting small dogs and being surly

Postby rjforlife » Sat May 26, 2007 1:31 pm

can i just ask what in the world this has to do with fantasy baseball?
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7509
(Past Year: 738)
Joined: 25 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Vegas Baby

Postby RugbyD » Sat May 26, 2007 1:34 pm

rjforlife wrote:can i just ask what the hell this has to do with fantasy baseball?

The Tampa media conspiracy has secret plans to destroy the chances of fatasy players as well as the lives of Dukes and Young. Delmon's bat-throwing was an inside job!
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 5591
Joined: 7 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: punting small dogs and being surly

Postby Yoda » Sat May 26, 2007 1:36 pm

rjforlife wrote:can i just ask what in the world this has to do with fantasy baseball?


Dukes owners are pissed... :-)
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby rjforlife » Sat May 26, 2007 1:36 pm

RugbyD wrote:
rjforlife wrote:can i just ask what the hell this has to do with fantasy baseball?

The Tampa media conspiracy has secret plans to destroy the chances of fatasy players as well as the lives of Dukes and Young. Delmon's bat-throwing was an inside job!



:-D
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7509
(Past Year: 738)
Joined: 25 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Vegas Baby

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 1:38 hours
(and 90 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact