Some Young Turnaround Players - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Some Young Turnaround Players

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Some Young Turnaround Players

Postby theultimate69 » Sat May 26, 2007 4:39 am

There's a handful of guys that are turning heads with a string of good performances in a row. Some of them I really like, some of them I don't. Here's who I'm thinking of:

Jeremy Guthrie - watched him against Toronto and was impressed with his stuff, and, obviously, the results...
Sergio Mitre - unbelievably good stats so far this year, haven't watched him enough to know his stuff (is it good or bad?), and has SP/RP eligibility.
Chad Durbin - Oakland SP. 'Nuff said.
John Danks - I'm pretty sure he's the one that's had the most written/said about him.

What do we think of these four guys? Who's the best add?
theultimate69
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Some Young Turnaround Players

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sat May 26, 2007 6:43 am

theultimate69 wrote:There's a handful of guys that are turning heads with a string of good performances in a row. Some of them I really like, some of them I don't. Here's who I'm thinking of:

Jeremy Guthrie - watched him against Toronto and was impressed with his stuff, and, obviously, the results...
Sergio Mitre - unbelievably good stats so far this year, haven't watched him enough to know his stuff (is it good or bad?), and has SP/RP eligibility.
Chad Durbin - Oakland SP. 'Nuff said.
John Danks - I'm pretty sure he's the one that's had the most written/said about him.

What do we think of these four guys? Who's the best add?

Do you mean Chad Durbin for Detroit or Chad Gaudin for Oak?
"I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it."
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby sansav » Sat May 26, 2007 8:36 am

I would like to hear what people have to say about Mitre - he has been pitching unbelievably, wasn't he a pretty big prospect that got derailed by injuries?
sansav
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RugbyD » Sat May 26, 2007 8:45 am

sansav wrote:I would like to hear what people have to say about Mitre - he has been pitching unbelievably, wasn't he a pretty big prospect that got derailed by injuries?

When he was with the Cubs he was touted for his sinker, but it never came through. I have not seen him pitch this year, but I'm guessing that's what' working for him now. I've met him once and he's possibly the dullest knife in the drawer.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby TEAM MVP » Sat May 26, 2007 10:08 am

sansav wrote:I would like to hear what people have to say about Mitre - he has been pitching unbelievably, wasn't he a pretty big prospect that got derailed by injuries?

im a mets fan and i watched him pitch last night. he had good placement and he knew when to use the off-speed pitches. he screwed delgado's swing and managed to take reyes and wright out of the ball game for the most part. it was only after about 110 pitches he started to get a little fatigued. i say this guy isnt a turnaround just yet, but he'll have a good season in comparison to his career averages. id pick him up.
TEAM MVP
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rong » Sat May 26, 2007 11:04 am

Who do you guys see having a better year, Danks or Mitre?
rong
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers