Recommend me some new albums - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Recommend me some new albums

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu May 31, 2007 10:47 pm

The Shins, +44, and angels and airwaves I believe were all previously mentioned, and are all good. Came out in 03, so it's not new, but Absoultion by Muse is a good album. My favorite band is the Who, and while it isn't quite as good as their old stuff, their new album is pretty solid. Those are a few that may be good, so give them a shot.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Von Hayes » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:10 am

If you haven't heard My Morning Jacket you should check them out. Their two-disc live album "Okonokos" is one of the better live albums I've heard...not quite Johnny Cash "At Folsom Prison" good, but close. Plus it has songs from all of their albums, so it's a nice introduction to the group.
Von Hayes
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby statsman88 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:11 pm

Von Hayes wrote:If you haven't heard My Morning Jacket you should check them out. Their two-disc live album "Okonokos" is one of the better live albums I've heard...not quite Johnny Cash "At Folsom Prison" good, but close. Plus it has songs from all of their albums, so it's a nice introduction to the group.

Yeah, i have MMJ's "Z" album, I know its supposed to be different from their other stuff, but I think its very good and "Gideon" is one of my favorite songs.
"Let's Keep The Friendly Confines Friendly" - Ernie Banks
statsman88
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re:

Postby PlayingWithFire » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:05 pm

Simulacrum wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:checked out Modest Mouse today, I used to have them(just a couple singles) on the computer before it crashed.

Is it just me or besides like 4 tracks on that Good news for people who love bad news album, the vocal was really bothersome in the rest. But those 4 songs are good to amazing.

You should listen to the vocals on their older albums. Damn near incomprehensible. They kind of went back to that with their new "Ship Sank" album, and I find it mostly annoying. "Good News" was poppy, but enjoyable and "Float On" was the feel good hit of the summer when it was released.

I love the screechy vocals of his. It would get boring if every band had a "great" singer without an especially distinctive voice.

You'd like Pinback, PWF. Check them out. All of their albums are great.

Thanks Sim, Blue Screen Life is a good one. They need to keep things as it is. They are not great singers, but they let their music do the singing for them.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk