Felix out??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Felix out???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby nathan050904 » Sat May 26, 2007 12:23 am

I don't think he'll miss anytime. After hearing that he remained on the bench after leaving and didn't look like he was in any pain. I think this was one of those moves where you take the kid out because, the game is out of hand and you don't want to risk injury.

Another reason I believe he'll miss no time. He faught hard to remain in the game. We've seen what Hernandez does when he feels he can't pitch he is smart and pulls himself out. He faught so hard to stay in and looked mad when he was told he was being taken out. I think the Mariner staff talked bout it and decided it be best to take him out like Ive said cause the game was out of hand and why risk injury? If he felt he could continue tonight then I have a hard time believing he won't be back out there in 5-6 days whenever his turn comes up again.
nathan050904
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BJSFAN123 » Sat May 26, 2007 12:30 am

Im watching ESPN and it showed the clip and it looked like he really did want to stay in but they forced him out, I think they are just being extra careful he doesnt injure himself.
BJSFAN123
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nathan050904 » Sat May 26, 2007 12:46 am

Felix Hernandez didn't want to leave Friday's game because of the tightness in his lower back, and he hopes to make his next start.

King Felix was upset about being taken out in the sixth inning, though the Mariners clearly did the smart thing. "You saw the game. You saw my emotion," Hernandez said. "My back felt a little bit tired. I said, 'I feel a little bit tired but I can pitch.' He said, 'No, come on, let's go.' I said I can pitch. He said let's go." If Hernandez has no problems in his next bullpen session, perhaps he'll get a start next week.
nathan050904
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby KrunK » Sat May 26, 2007 2:14 am

I'm not worried about the back, I'm just glad he didn't punish my ERA and WHIP like the rest of my pitchers this week and grabbed a W.
KrunK
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby nathan050904 » Sat May 26, 2007 9:49 am

From the newspapers in Seattle:

"The upside of all this for the Mariners is that the back injury seems to have been just a factor of Hernandez having to sit on the bench while his teammates were pounding Gil Meche."

"Hernandez is fine. Feels good. Hargrove's worry-meter, on his "scale of one to 10" is at a 1.5, according to him. It was at an eight for Horacio Ramirez yesterday so this isn't something to lose sleep over."
nathan050904
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates