For those in pay leagues - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

For those in pay leagues

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

For those in pay leagues

Postby The Jury » Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:07 pm

What more does a pay league have to offer than a Yahoo private league?
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Brendo » Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:52 pm

im in a league w/TQ stats, and i've never done a yahoo league (apparently, I'm the only one in the western hemisphere who hasn't)

with TQ, you can customize your stats.....every year we change our categories, this year it's 5x5 plus doubles&triples and quality starts
YAHOO! RULES!!!!!
Brendo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

pay league

Postby rjforlife » Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:01 pm

pay league just has all those "additional features" added on, and i think some pathetic prizes. dont do it.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 740)

Postby ScurvyDog » Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:56 pm

Not the only one Brendo ... :-)
"Life is tough. But it is even tougher when you're stupid." - John Wayne
ScurvyDog

Re: pay league

Postby HOOTIE » Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:11 pm

rjforlife wrote:pay league just has all those "additional features" added on, and i think some pathetic prizes. dont do it.

Pathetic prizes?
Any league can be what you want it. I always play pay leagues, because it gets the serious players, and of course the prize fund reward. I could never play a freebie with 15 year olds who either quit, or dont really know bb.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby stevelabny » Wed Feb 26, 2003 5:51 am

ok a few commnets. there are free yahoo leagues. there are PAY leagues, and then there are NATIONAL CONTESTS WITH AN ENTRY FEE. dont confuse a pay league with a national contest.

the contests offer REAL MONEY prizes.

the PAY leagues are just like free leagues except some sites offer better interfaces than yahoo.

yahoo used to be real bad for private leagues that have LIVE IN PERSON drafts.

and anyone who joins a PUBLIC league should be SHOT.
public leagues are a ridiculous tragedy. people quit, make stupid trades or draft horribly and their is no skill in winning one.
stevelabny
College Coach
College Coach

Postby THE MASHER » Wed Feb 26, 2003 10:10 am

I really enjoy the ESPN public leagues. Can they be frustrating? Sure! But, I like the diversity. I like the challenge. When it's a free league, I could care less if I win or lose. When I put up something then I feel like I need to try hard to justify my money! I like the ESPN interfaces and advice, etc. much better than Yahoo. Does that alone justify the expense? Maybe not. But it is my preference - getting shot for that? Harsh - but hey, I would expect that from a Chisox hater!! :-]
THE MASHER
THE MASHER
College Coach
College Coach

Postby HOOTIE » Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:19 pm

markbuehrlestinks wrote:ok a few commnets. there are free yahoo leagues. there are PAY leagues, and then there are NATIONAL CONTESTS WITH AN ENTRY FEE. dont confuse a pay league with a national contest.

the contests offer REAL MONEY prizes.

and anyone who joins a PUBLIC league should be SHOT.
public leagues are a ridiculous tragedy. people quit, make stupid trades or draft horribly and their is no skill in winning one.

National contests are boring. Nice chance to win $, but you simply pick players with a salary cap, no trading. As far as REAL $, our private league has a $2,000 prize fund, certaintly REAL. My 3 public leagues, are with a national company that began in 86, and trust me, there is some skill involved. It also awards credits for 1st and 2nd. The owner, aka commish, stops any lopsided deals. Sometimes no one quits, and sometimes a owner or 2 leaves at years end.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Return to Baseball Leftovers