The Reason Bonds isnt hot. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Reason Bonds isnt hot.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The Reason Bonds isnt hot.

Postby AZfootball25 » Fri May 25, 2007 7:24 pm

Well as you all know Barry Bonds is not the Same Barry he was in spring or in april.
"What is wrong with Barry Bonds"
I get asked this question by readers all of the time and have not had an answer, until now. Barry is a geat hitter and he will continue to be, but it is not his fault. Barry Bonds has not adjusted to the rest of baseball, but the rest of baseball has adjusted to Barry Bonds. So as Bonds continues to "COOL OFF" then the rest of baseball will go back to pitching to Barry Bonds like he is Chad Tracy on a good day. When this happens then Barry will be back. I have a feeling it will happen in the next couple of weeks if he is still not hitting.

Any Thoughts?
AZfootball25
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shmolex » Fri May 25, 2007 7:40 pm

Well he also said that his leg was bothering him, the non-surgically repaired one that is. Plus he's really not seeing any pitches to hit.
shmolex
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AZfootball25 » Fri May 25, 2007 7:43 pm

Thanks for the feedback.
I agree with you. In a couple of weeks watch him and youll see some of those pitches right in his wheel house.
AZfootball25
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby eamrhein » Fri May 25, 2007 10:58 pm

Bonds is cold as far as HRs goes, just for the fact that he is not getting pitches to hit. I live in the bay area, so I see just about every Barry Bonds AB, he basically gets pitched around. I think people on the east coast don't realize the ridiculous amount of times he gets walked. He has a incredible .503 on base percentage, which leads the league by 20 points, by the way and is fourth in the league in slugging, So I wouldn't say he is "cold" at all. If the giants had one more decent power hitter in their lineup, you would see insane numbers out of him because then they would have to pitch to him. He is still by far the best hitter in baseball today.
eamrhein
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby AGENT » Sat May 26, 2007 8:17 am

Just wait until the next full moon. He shoudl be back on track
AGENT
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TEAM MVP » Sat May 26, 2007 10:10 am

i did the right thing with him. sell high at the time he had 10 hr and 20+rbis. i bet he'll get back on track but he wont be seeing as many pitches as before of course, though.
TEAM MVP
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers