Favorite Quotes - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Favorite Quotes

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CadensDad » Fri May 25, 2007 7:20 pm

The quote I hear the most............................

"Being a mom is a full time JOB" by- My Lazy Wife

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CadensDad » Fri May 25, 2007 7:24 pm

CadensDad wrote:The quote I hear the most............................

honestly it's really by my wife, she lives by that moto

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby smoovethug » Fri May 25, 2007 8:48 pm

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri May 25, 2007 9:04 pm

CadensDad wrote:
CadensDad wrote:The quote I hear the most............................

honestly it's really by my wife, she lives by that moto

:-b

"What we do in life echoes in eternity." - Gladiator
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby stevethumb » Fri May 25, 2007 10:00 pm

"Laziness in stupid things can be a great virtue" -- Lost Horizon -- James Hilton
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby RugbyD » Fri May 25, 2007 10:06 pm

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase
a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759

"Without free speech no search for truth is possible... no discovery of
truth is useful... Better a thousandfold abuse of free speech than denial of free speech. The abuse dies in a day, but the denial slays the life of the people, and entombs the hope of the race."
-Charles Bradlaugh

Freedom is essentially a condition of inequality, not equality. It recognizes as a fact of nature the structural differences inherent in man - in temperament, character, and capacity - and it respects those differences. We are not alike and no law can make us so.
--Frank Chodorov

"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people try to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."
-George Bernard Shaw

"There is nothing more frightening than active ignorance."
--Goethe

"I'm the one that's going to have to die when it's time for me to die,
so let me live my life, the way I want to."
- Jimi Hendrix

"Whatever he was - that robot in the Garden of Eden, who existed without mind, without values, without labour, without love - he was not man"
-John Galt, Atlas Shrugged

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of congress. But I repeat myself.
--Mark Twain

"In the Beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave
and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot"
-Mark Twain

"I hate political correctness because it's founded on the idea that by means of language you can escape truth -- that if you simply give a different name to something you've somehow changed it. It is a very childlike idea... People who accord themselves enormous virtue for saying 'horizontally impaired' instead of 'gimpy' -- these people are assholes, not to put too fine a point on it."
--P.J. O'Rourke

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears he is a protector.
--Plato circa 400 B.C.

"I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his
own way."
--Robert Frost, 1935

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
--Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis (1952)

I can’t give you brains, but I can give you a diploma
--Wizard of Oz
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat May 26, 2007 12:12 am

J35J wrote:Mines long....

“Funny, I love baseball for almost the exact reasons you dislike it. I love the pace, I love that the game unfolds in its own time. Every other sport tries to force the drama of a game on you with a clock. Baseball plays outside of the normal hustle and bustle of everyday life. I deal with a timeclock every day at work. Get this and that done before 4PM, take your break at noon. Baseball simply says here is what has to be done. Sit back, relax, enjoy a beer, enjoy the day, we'll get there when we get there.

The batter/pitcher matchup can be one of the most intriguing and intense sporting event. The hitter guessing what the pitcher is going to do, the pitcher trying to fool the hitter. Great fastball hitters against power pitchers, crafty veterans against young studs. Clemens buzzing Piazza, Pujols glaring out at Lidge, anyone trying to squeeze a pitch into Bonds' strikezone without him putting it into the Cove. And while all that is going on you have the cat and mouse game of Pierre on first trying to find out exactly how far he can push his lead, the infielders moving back and forth from their stances, players in the batters box watching everything the pitcher does trying to gain an advantage. And thats all before the crack of the bat on contact when the field becomes alive with organized chaos. Runners scrambling around the bases, infielders diving for balls just out of their reach then quickly moving to cover their base or cutoff the throw, the catcher tossing the mask and moving up to block the plate, outfielders preparing to throw a rocket to home. The dust settles, everyone gets ready to do it all again.” -- Tavish

O:-)

pretty sweet tav. im with you.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pogotheostrich » Sat May 26, 2007 9:48 am

"Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat May 26, 2007 11:39 am

Some famous ones:
William Penn wrote:No man is fit to command another that cannot command himself.

Hannibal wrote:We will either find a way or make one.

Aristotle wrote:We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

Martin Luther King Jr. wrote:The time is always right to do what is right.

Winston Churchill wrote:The nation will find it very hard to look up to the leaders who are keeping their ears to the ground.

Albert Einstein wrote:In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.

Calvin Collidge wrote:Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan, 'press on' has solved, and always will solve, the problems of the human race.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lofunzo » Sat May 26, 2007 12:32 pm

"I dunno. I never smoked any Astroturf." - Asked for a preference of grass or Astroturf (Tug McGraw).
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk