Looking for thoughts on Penny/Harang - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Looking for thoughts on Penny/Harang

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looking for thoughts on Penny/Harang

Postby MTUCache » Fri May 25, 2007 2:22 pm

I drafted Harang pretty high-up in my draft, looking for pitchers with plenty of Ks and possibilities of CG and CGSO (extra categories in my league). Penny sort of fell into my lap later in the draft as I was filling out my roster.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, it appears that I've got a little too much invested into my Starting Pitching now, as I have 7 very attractive pitchers in my rotation:
- Sabathia
- Bonderman
- Harang
- Zambrano
- Penny
- Escobar
- O. Perez

Obviously I need to capatalize on whatever I can in order to improve the rest of my team. I definitely would like to trade one of them in order to improve my bullpen (currently K-Rod/Hoffman/Torres).

Now, O. Perez or Escobar would be perfect candidates for trading, as their stock is pretty high right now and both have sketchy histories (breakdowns for Perez and injuries for Escobar). But, I don't think I'm going to be able to package either with Torres to get a much better closer. I may be forced to trade away Penny or Harang in order to make that big upgrade (currently looking at getting Papelbon from a guy who's about ready to start punting saves).

What are your guys' thoughts on Harang? Penny? Both are having a pretty decent season... is either likely to go up or down drastically?
MTUCache
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Fri May 25, 2007 2:25 pm

Penny plus Torres should net you a solid RP...Penny is a terrific sell high guy.
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates