Trade Scenario Tourney:Round 1-jakeharv vs A flesher fantasy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trade Scenario Tourney:Round 1-jakeharv vs A flesher fantasy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who Provided The Better Response

Poll ended at Sun May 27, 2007 10:34 pm

Jake Harv 88
64%
A Flesher Fantasy
36%

Total votes : 33

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri May 25, 2007 11:38 pm

jfg wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Well, who would take Baldelli with all his injuries? And with respect to Bartlett, he just isn't good. Simple as that.

You can get something for him. That rotation needs a veteran pitcher to teach. Somebody would be willing to give up a #5 veteran starter for Baldelli. Texas could use Baldelli and they could give up any of their starters other than McCarthy and add in a 3 star prospect. Or if we're trading with the Twins- Silva and a 3 star in the system.

Why would the drays trade a bright young player in Baldelli for a #5 veteran who won't be in the MLB when they actually compete?

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 33)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amatter32 » Sat May 26, 2007 12:32 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
jfg wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Well, who would take Baldelli with all his injuries? And with respect to Bartlett, he just isn't good. Simple as that.

You can get something for him. That rotation needs a veteran pitcher to teach. Somebody would be willing to give up a #5 veteran starter for Baldelli. Texas could use Baldelli and they could give up any of their starters other than McCarthy and add in a 3 star prospect. Or if we're trading with the Twins- Silva and a 3 star in the system.

Why would the drays trade a bright young player in Baldelli for a #5 veteran who won't be in the MLB when they actually compete?

You ask a lot of questions... "Well, who would take Baldelli with all his injuries?" suddenly turns into "Why would the drays trade a bright young player in Baldelli" how?
Amatter32
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat May 26, 2007 12:35 am

Amatter32 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
jfg wrote:

You ask a lot of questions... "Well, who would take Baldelli with all his injuries?" suddenly turns into "Why would the drays trade a bright young player in Baldelli" how?

Well, that's the thing. It doesn't make sense for a contender to trade for him, and it doesn't make sense for Tampa to give him up.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 33)

Postby dsd10988 » Sat May 26, 2007 1:25 am

No thoughts on trading Crawford this season as he has arguably one of the best contracts over the next 4 years..You have to think what is more valuable to your team..Crawford has greatly improved his plate discipline this year, but youd have to question if he can continue that during the whole year..and I think its fair to say his trade value may be at its highest right now. As he has an amazing contract guarranteed 4 mil in 2007, 5.25 mil in 08 and club options in 09 and 10 at under 10 mil..A player like Crawford definitely will be complaining this time next season if the Rays aren't a competitive team. I could definitely see him demanding a trade if they are not a competitve team...Do you trade him now? If so for who..He should bring back a proven young age, but what team would do that..My first thought was the angels..last offseason I thought a Santana-Crawford deal was a fair trade..with Santana's struggles maybe a Weaver-Crawford deal is more equal? Any thoughts? Imagine that staff possibly next season...Kazmir, Shields, ace from crawford, #1 pick in next months draft, Niemann
dsd10988
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby jfg » Sat May 26, 2007 1:51 am

I kind of agree with that. Crawford's not getting them wins and he's not putting butts in seats so why not see what you can get? That said, you can't trade him to get prospects because you'll lose more fans and I don't think you can get a proven ace in a trade. Florida fans suck. It's not all about college sports losers.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 97)

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat May 26, 2007 9:34 am

If the Rays trade Crawford there will be major problems with them and the Fans. Everytime it comes up the radio station and paper is flooded by fans saying they won't go to the game or watch them if they get rid of him. CC is the face of this team he isn't going anywehre
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 37)

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sat May 26, 2007 9:58 am

close vote here. and I haven't voted yet...hmmm... :-?
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dsd10988 » Sat May 26, 2007 10:29 am

deerayfan072 wrote:If the Rays trade Crawford there will be major problems with them and the Fans. Everytime it comes up the radio station and paper is flooded by fans saying they won't go to the game or watch them if they get rid of him. CC is the face of this team he isn't going anywehre

I would agree with you on that before the season started. But I think now the face of the team is slowly shifting to Delmon Young and BJ Upton. Do you agree with me that Crawford probably will become a distraction on the team with the fact that if the Drays keep him they will probably use his club-options in 2009 and 2010. 09 is 8.25 mil with 2.5 mil buy out and 2010 is 10 mil, 1.25 mil buy out. Good chance he demands a trade next season to be a FA at the end of 08..I think the Drays can afford him for a franchise player, but I think on offense by that time the franchise players will be Young and Upton...and soon you will have to pay them.. my opinion if you can get Weaver for Crawford you do that..or actually any top pitching prospects you can get.
dsd10988
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat May 26, 2007 3:30 pm

dsd10988 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:If the Rays trade Crawford there will be major problems with them and the Fans. Everytime it comes up the radio station and paper is flooded by fans saying they won't go to the game or watch them if they get rid of him. CC is the face of this team he isn't going anywehre

I would agree with you on that before the season started. But I think now the face of the team is slowly shifting to Delmon Young and BJ Upton. Do you agree with me that Crawford probably will become a distraction on the team with the fact that if the Drays keep him they will probably use his club-options in 2009 and 2010. 09 is 8.25 mil with 2.5 mil buy out and 2010 is 10 mil, 1.25 mil buy out. Good chance he demands a trade next season to be a FA at the end of 08..I think the Drays can afford him for a franchise player, but I think on offense by that time the franchise players will be Young and Upton...and soon you will have to pay them.. my opinion if you can get Weaver for Crawford you do that..or actually any top pitching prospects you can get.

CC is not going to be a distraction that is not how he is. If you ever talk to CC or talk to people about him you will come to understand that he is a very silent leader out there. He does say alot to the guys, but would never make it about him. Crawford does not want to leave the Rays, he feels like we are coming around and knows that it will be soon that they can compete with the guys we have now and the ones in the minors. He signed a very friendly contract because he wants to stay with the Rays. Money for Upton, young, Kaz, Dukes etc. has been set aside for when they come up for contract. CC wants to be here, if he is moved it is b/c of something else and trust me it won't be pretty for the DRO.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 37)

Postby jake_harv88 » Sat May 26, 2007 5:15 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Couple of quick things

None of those starters need to be called up yet they are not ready. Hammel will be a good reliever at best. Niemann will be a stud but needs more time in the minors. Sonnastine is ready so i would not mind him coming up. Brignac nor Longoria is ready to be in the majors at the moment, Longoria even said so himself.

Hammel is 25 and has spent quite a few years in the minors. If hes not ready now then he'll never be ready. Even if he'll just be a reliever I see no reason why he wouldn't at least be better than 3 starters with an era around 8. Like you said Sonnastine is ready and I think would help as a 4th/5th starter. Niemann may not be ready but in terms of helping out the bullpen i see no reason why he can't be eased into the league like liriano last year.

I never said Brignac and Longoria should be brought up right now I just said that they are the future at 3B/SS and the rays shouldn't do anything foolish to block their positions at this point.

Close vote here ;-D
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers