Magglio Ordonez's Hot Start... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Magglio Ordonez's Hot Start...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Magglio Ordonez's Hot Start...

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Fri May 25, 2007 11:32 am

I remember last season he hit 12 hr in April and May, only to hit 12 the rest of the season... repeat? Granted the Avg is much higher, and the RBI numbers are way up too, but is he back to Old Form? or better yet, progressed into Superstar Form? Or is he just a nice sell high candidate? and if so, who could I target for him/who have you gotten for him? Open discussion is much encouraged here! Not much written up about Maggs!
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hot4tx » Fri May 25, 2007 11:41 am

He's definitely not back in "old form" as he doesn't run any more at all. I do think he'll hit 30-35 HR with a .310 ave or so, but I also think that may make him a sell-high candidate for many leagues as you may get more trade value out of him than what he'll give you the rest of the year.
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 135)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri May 25, 2007 11:43 am

one word: MVP
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Tavish » Fri May 25, 2007 11:53 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:one word: MVP

One word: Comerica

No way he stays near the .400 BA and .800 SLG% at home.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby dbstrat » Fri May 25, 2007 2:41 pm

I'll just say one thing. His portrait looks quite a bit different from when he was with the Sox. His neck is all of a sudden the size of a tree trunk.

:-?
dbstrat
College Coach
College Coach

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Fri May 25, 2007 2:46 pm

dbstrat wrote:I'll just say one thing. His portrait looks quite a bit different from when he was with the Sox. His neck is all of a sudden the size of a tree trunk.

:-?

well being as how my league doesnt count steroids as a negative (which is what i assume your hinting towards ;-D ). im gonna take his newly found neck size as a good thing? :-D
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MTUCache » Fri May 25, 2007 3:00 pm

After the injury problems that slowed him down last year, it's looking like he's 100% recovered.

For somebody off to as hot of a start as he is, it's a fine balancing act between "sell very high" or "don't sell at all".

He seriously could have an MVP season this year, hitting behind Granderson, Polanco, and Sheff with Guillen and Pudge protecting him. Maybe it's the Detroit-homer in me, but I genuinely don't think I could trade him right now, for almost anybody. He shows no signs of cooling off anytime soon.

If you're looking to sell him high, you'd better be getting TOP dollar at this point, because we're not talking about a B.J. Upton here, who's average is going to drop by 75 points and RBIs dry up. We're talking about a guy who could possibly keep this pace up all the way through a pennant chase.

Besides, even if he did drop back down to his "normal" production, he's still a top 10-15 Outfielder, so it's not like you're risking anything by holding on to him. The only risk involved is that of re-injury, which is the same with anybody.

I think if you were lucky enough to snag him before this month, you'd better just thank your lucky stars and ride his comet out through the season. If you weren't lucky enough to be on-board, you definitely can't afford to buy a ticket now.
MTUCache
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BJSFAN123 » Fri May 25, 2007 3:01 pm

My friend predicted he would be unreal this season and drafted him earlier than usual in the draft and most people laughed at him...now hes the one laughing. A lot of people thought he would be a beast.
BJSFAN123
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Doughhead » Fri May 25, 2007 3:06 pm

He reminds me of Jermaine Dye last year. I think he'll keep it up (not to this extreme, but still very solid). Even a mediocre clean-up man would luck into a lot of RBI with Granderson and Sheff going the way they are, so it looks like Maggs is in for a big year.
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers