Trade Rumors - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trade Rumors

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Trade Rumors

Postby vladrules » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:46 pm

From Rotoworld:

"The Twins reportedly talked to the Rockies about Garrett Atkins, using Juan Rincon as bait.
The Rockies aren't planning on moving Atkins, and while they want a reliever, Rincon doesn't have nearly as much value as he used to. Nothing is expected to happen here. There's a chance Rincon could go elsewhere."

Hmm, I have Atkins. Hope not but could switch to AL help?
vladrules
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 5 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:47 pm

vladrules wrote:From Rotoworld:

"The Twins reportedly talked to the Rockies about Garrett Atkins, using Juan Rincon as bait.
The Rockies aren't planning on moving Atkins, and while they want a reliever, Rincon doesn't have nearly as much value as he used to. Nothing is expected to happen here. There's a chance Rincon could go elsewhere."

Hmm, I have Atkins. Hope not but could switch to AL help?

No, no, no...now they're just posting every "rumor". One day, Ian Stewart will take over but not now.
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:51 pm

I would like to thank you Mr. Bavasi for not doing anything stupid and trading one of only good prospects for a craptacular player like Matt Morris, Octavio Dotel, Al Reyes, or Dan Wheeler. There may, in fact, be hope for you yet. ;-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 7)

Postby acsguitar » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:55 pm

Way to do nothing rockies. Especially since you found out Rodrigo is out for the year. :-t
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:45 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:i just noticed a minor trade. the mariners sent julio mateo to the phils for minor league ss jesus merchan.

BP, give me the scoop on mateo.

He's nothing special really. A fly ball pitcher, with some HR tendencies at times (which would worry me in Philly). Not a big K guy. Can be a so-so MR but he's not likely to blow anyone's socks off (unless changing leagues really helps him the first time around). He was sent down after a Domestic Violence arrest earlier in the year and tore up AAA, but I don't think he was ever going to put a Mariner uniform on again no matter how well he pitched.

Good luck with him. :-o
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:09 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:i just noticed a minor trade. the mariners sent julio mateo to the phils for minor league ss jesus merchan.

BP, give me the scoop on mateo.

He's nothing special really. A fly ball pitcher, with some HR tendencies at times (which would worry me in Philly). Not a big K guy. Can be a so-so MR but he's not likely to blow anyone's socks off (unless changing leagues really helps him the first time around). He was sent down after a Domestic Violence arrest earlier in the year and tore up AAA, but I don't think he was ever going to put a Mariner uniform on again no matter how well he pitched.

yeah i knew he wasnt anything special, but hes gotta be an upgrade over jose mesa :-o

I will agree with that. ;-D :-o
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Surfs up » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:10 pm

Gave his wife 5 stiches. Big man Macho. I wouldn't own him after that.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 183)

Postby flloyd » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:35 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:He was sent down after a Domestic Violence arrest earlier in the year and tore up AAA, but I don't think he was ever going to put a Mariner uniform on again no matter how well he pitched.

Him and Brett Myers can be best buds and swap stories. ;-)
flloyd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers