Trade Rumors - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trade Rumors

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Trade Rumors

Postby vladrules » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:46 pm

From Rotoworld:

"The Twins reportedly talked to the Rockies about Garrett Atkins, using Juan Rincon as bait.
The Rockies aren't planning on moving Atkins, and while they want a reliever, Rincon doesn't have nearly as much value as he used to. Nothing is expected to happen here. There's a chance Rincon could go elsewhere."

Hmm, I have Atkins. Hope not but could switch to AL help?
vladrules
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3189
Joined: 4 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Rumors

Postby 5 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:47 pm

vladrules wrote:From Rotoworld:

"The Twins reportedly talked to the Rockies about Garrett Atkins, using Juan Rincon as bait.
The Rockies aren't planning on moving Atkins, and while they want a reliever, Rincon doesn't have nearly as much value as he used to. Nothing is expected to happen here. There's a chance Rincon could go elsewhere."

Hmm, I have Atkins. Hope not but could switch to AL help?


No, no, no...now they're just posting every "rumor". One day, Ian Stewart will take over but not now.
5
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2296
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Rumors

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:51 pm

I would like to thank you Mr. Bavasi for not doing anything stupid and trading one of only good prospects for a craptacular player like Matt Morris, Octavio Dotel, Al Reyes, or Dan Wheeler. There may, in fact, be hope for you yet. ;-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13710
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Building a metric. And being ignorable and stupid.

Re: Trade Rumors

Postby acsguitar » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:55 pm

Way to do nothing rockies. Especially since you found out Rodrigo is out for the year. :-t
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Re: Trade Rumors

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:57 pm

i just noticed a minor trade. the mariners sent julio mateo to the phils for minor league ss jesus merchan.

BP, give me the scoop on mateo.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
(Past Year: 65)
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Trade Rumors

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:45 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:i just noticed a minor trade. the mariners sent julio mateo to the phils for minor league ss jesus merchan.

BP, give me the scoop on mateo.


He's nothing special really. A fly ball pitcher, with some HR tendencies at times (which would worry me in Philly). Not a big K guy. Can be a so-so MR but he's not likely to blow anyone's socks off (unless changing leagues really helps him the first time around). He was sent down after a Domestic Violence arrest earlier in the year and tore up AAA, but I don't think he was ever going to put a Mariner uniform on again no matter how well he pitched.

Good luck with him. :-o
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13710
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Building a metric. And being ignorable and stupid.

Re: Trade Rumors

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:08 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:i just noticed a minor trade. the mariners sent julio mateo to the phils for minor league ss jesus merchan.

BP, give me the scoop on mateo.


He's nothing special really. A fly ball pitcher, with some HR tendencies at times (which would worry me in Philly). Not a big K guy. Can be a so-so MR but he's not likely to blow anyone's socks off (unless changing leagues really helps him the first time around). He was sent down after a Domestic Violence arrest earlier in the year and tore up AAA, but I don't think he was ever going to put a Mariner uniform on again no matter how well he pitched.

Good luck with him. :-o


yeah i knew he wasnt anything special, but hes gotta be an upgrade over jose mesa :-o
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
(Past Year: 65)
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Trade Rumors

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:09 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:i just noticed a minor trade. the mariners sent julio mateo to the phils for minor league ss jesus merchan.

BP, give me the scoop on mateo.


He's nothing special really. A fly ball pitcher, with some HR tendencies at times (which would worry me in Philly). Not a big K guy. Can be a so-so MR but he's not likely to blow anyone's socks off (unless changing leagues really helps him the first time around). He was sent down after a Domestic Violence arrest earlier in the year and tore up AAA, but I don't think he was ever going to put a Mariner uniform on again no matter how well he pitched.

Good luck with him. :-o


yeah i knew he wasnt anything special, but hes gotta be an upgrade over jose mesa :-o


I will agree with that. ;-D :-o
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13710
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Building a metric. And being ignorable and stupid.

Re: Trade Rumors

Postby Surfs up » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:10 pm

Gave his wife 5 stiches. Big man Macho. I wouldn't own him after that.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 4715
(Past Year: 268)
Joined: 14 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Rumors

Postby flloyd » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:35 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:He was sent down after a Domestic Violence arrest earlier in the year and tore up AAA, but I don't think he was ever going to put a Mariner uniform on again no matter how well he pitched.

Good luck with him. :-o


Him and Brett Myers can be best buds and swap stories. ;-)
flloyd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 597
Joined: 4 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Santa Monica, CA

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: annettesu69, footballisbetter.com, franciscoub3, GiantsFan14, slink and 15 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Sunday, Apr. 20
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at Cleveland
(1:05 pm)
LA Angels at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Seattle at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Atlanta at NY Mets
(1:10 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(1:35 pm)
St. Louis at Washington
(1:35 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(1:40 pm)
indoors
Minnesota at Kansas City
(2:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Chi White Sox at Texas
(3:05 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
Arizona at LA Dodgers
(4:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Baltimore at Boston
(7:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact