Trade Rumors - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trade Rumors

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby SpecialFNK » Sat May 26, 2007 10:02 pm

ill guarantee this.. Rios will not be going anywhere unless its for a young #2 type pitcher, and i dont see any teams trading that type of pitcher mid season.
the Jays would be absolutely insane for trading Rios for anything less than a star level player in return.
hes 4 years away from free agency only in his arbitration years. his value is higher than Wells and you dont hear talk about them moving Wells, so trading Rios is just nonsence.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 93)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cannonarm21 » Sat May 26, 2007 10:30 pm

Before the Brewer game today, they had mentioned that the Mets have inquired about the availablity of Jenkins, Gross or Mench. I guess it makes sense with Alou and S.Green going down.

I can't see anybody taking on Jenkin's ridiculous contract.
cannonarm21
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mweir145 » Sat May 26, 2007 11:33 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:ill guarantee this.. Rios will not be going anywhere unless its for a young #2 type pitcher, and i dont see any teams trading that type of pitcher mid season.
the Jays would be absolutely insane for trading Rios for anything less than a star level player in return.
hes 4 years away from free agency only in his arbitration years. his value is higher than Wells and you dont hear talk about them moving Wells, so trading Rios is just nonsence.

Yes, I highly doubt the Jays will consider trading Rios for anything less than a young #2 starter, especially the way he's playing right now. GMs had their chance at him during ST when JP was offering him up to the highest bidder. There's a legitimate possibility that he's actually a better player than Wells, and we have him for a number of years yet.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Knights » Sat May 26, 2007 11:40 pm

I couldn't agree more, Rios isn't going anywhere unless a good pitcher comes back. I expect Rios to stick in Toronto for a while.

As for the Glaus to the LA Dodgers rumours.... any rumours about what would be going to Toronto in return?
Knights
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby joecahill » Sun May 27, 2007 9:45 am

angels7777 wrote:with Stoneman as the GM it's unlikely to happen although it would be a nice move for the Angels... maybe a Santana for Atkins deal helps both teams and players...

Are you kidding? That would mean Santana would only get to pitch in Anaheim once every three years or so, and everyone knows Big E loves Anaheim more than Disney. He'd turn into the next 2007 Jeff Weaver, since every game after the trade would essentially be a road game. Say what you want about home/road splits, but his are waaaay too Jekyll-and-Hyde to ignore. Atkins-for-Santana would be a disaster for Colorado.
joecahill
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby SpecialFNK » Sun May 27, 2007 10:29 am

i havnt heard any names of players going Toronto way from LA into the season. in the offseason the Dodgers wanted to trade off Penny in a Rios deal, but im not sure into the season they trade Penny in a Glaus deal.
Glaus should not come cheap. hes not a free agent after the season, and his deal really isnt that high. if i remember correctly $10.5 mil a season for this season and next.

sometimes its funny to think about players that could have been traded. in the offseason couple players the Jays wanted for Rios were Phillies Brett Myers and Angels Ervin Santana. both teams(PHI/LAA) refused to part with either pitcher.
both of them as starters this season have struggled, so the Jays not getting them actually are better off.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun May 27, 2007 11:27 am

i think its pretty unfair to claim brett myers struggled as a starter this season when he really only got a handful of starts. his track record more than makes up for a few bad starts here and there. he would have most definitely turned it around by now.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hookem2003 » Mon May 28, 2007 1:49 pm

I predict that Tex ends up in LA for a few nice prospects. Another one that makes sense would be aki or gagne for matt murton.
hookem2003
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon May 28, 2007 2:08 pm

hookem2003 wrote:I predict that Tex ends up in LA for a few nice prospects. Another one that makes sense would be aki or gagne for matt murton.

Angels or Dodgers? im guessing you mean Angels?
would the Rangers trade someone like Teixeira to a team within their own division? and would that be smart?
unless the prospects are absolute cant miss im not sure id trade a star player within your own division.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon May 28, 2007 6:49 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:
hookem2003 wrote:I predict that Tex ends up in LA for a few nice prospects. Another one that makes sense would be aki or gagne for matt murton.

Angels or Dodgers? im guessing you mean Angels?
would the Rangers trade someone like Teixeira to a team within their own division? and would that be smart?
unless the prospects are absolute cant miss im not sure id trade a star player within your own division.

In the local press, there are minor rumblings about Tex going to Dodgers or the Angels, but a little more so with the Dodgers. It'll be interesting where this places Nomar, as playing 1B has given him a new lease on life when it comes to health. Perhaps a move to 3B is in the works if Big Tex is dealt to the Ravine.

From what I can sense, the Dodgers are open to dealing Loney and perhaps Broxton as pieces in the deal. It'll be interesting if Texas or any other squad inquires about Elbert, Laroche, Billingsley, and Kershaw.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 660)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers