Trade Rumors - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trade Rumors

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Knights » Fri May 25, 2007 9:06 pm

cwrtlm wrote:Heard the Dodger interested in Glass, I mean Glaus. He would go home to his glory years in SoCal.

Any sort of link or reference for this? I'm curious where you heard this.
Knights
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 101)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri May 25, 2007 10:43 pm

supposedly dodger stadium isnt pitcher friendly anymore.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)

Postby cwrtlm » Sat May 26, 2007 10:36 am

cwrtlm wrote:
Heard the Dodger interested in Glass, I mean Glaus. He would go home to his glory years in SoCal.

Any sort of link or reference for this? I'm curious where you heard this.

Heard it on a spot on ESPN Radio, it was a Toronto News guy talking about the fact the Bluejays were contemplating breaking up the Jays and beginning to plan for next year. They also mentioned Rios might get moved. Take it for what its worth.
C- Hundley, Iannetta
1b- Wallace
2b- Barney/Barmes
3b- J. Lopez
CO- G. Sanchez
SS- Tulo
MI- Castro
OF- Bay, Hart, Pagan, Smith, Francisco, Ankiel
U- C. Ross(DL), Cantu
P- Carpent, Billings, Volquez, Marcum, Norris, J. Vazquez, Westbrook, Wolf, E Rogers
cwrtlm
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby angels7777 » Sat May 26, 2007 2:26 pm

any truth to the Atkins to the Angels rumor???
angels7777
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 500)

Postby Yoda » Sat May 26, 2007 3:46 pm

angels7777 wrote:any truth to the Atkins to the Angels rumor???

There is a rumor going around yes. Not sure if it will come true.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby angels7777 » Sat May 26, 2007 3:55 pm

with Stoneman as the GM it's unlikely to happen although it would be a nice move for the Angels... maybe a Santana for Atkins deal helps both teams and players...
angels7777
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 500)

Postby clevername » Sat May 26, 2007 4:57 pm

There's also talk of Rolen to the Dodgers or the Angels. Rolen has a NTC, though, which everyone will continue to forget while discussing his trade possibilities as the deadline approaches if the Cards haven't improved.
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room...is for fun.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 11)

Postby mak1277 » Sat May 26, 2007 5:59 pm

clevername wrote:There's also talk of Rolen to the Dodgers or the Angels. Rolen has a NTC, though, which everyone will continue to forget while discussing his trade possibilities as the deadline approaches if the Cards haven't improved.

That Dodgers rumor is just moronic to me. Why on earth would LA trade for Rolen (who's old and expensive) when they have LaRoche (young, cheap). It's not like Rolen's playing well enough to justify that sort of deal.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby clevername » Sat May 26, 2007 6:17 pm

mak1277 wrote:
clevername wrote:There's also talk of Rolen to the Dodgers or the Angels. Rolen has a NTC, though, which everyone will continue to forget while discussing his trade possibilities as the deadline approaches if the Cards haven't improved.

That Dodgers rumor is just moronic to me. Why on earth would LA trade for Rolen (who's old and expensive) when they have LaRoche (young, cheap). It's not like Rolen's playing well enough to justify that sort of deal.

I agree, I don't know why the Dodgers would want to do that, but it's something that's consistently popped up lately.
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room...is for fun.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 11)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat May 26, 2007 8:56 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:supposedly dodger stadium isnt pitcher friendly anymore.

I'd say it isn't as pitcher friendly as it was in the past. Not to say Dodger Stadium isn't a pitcher's haven anymore. There's just lesser foul territory with the expanded seating jutting towards the foul lines. Pitchers still tend to rave about the mound footing, as a factor for their successes there. In addition, the ball just doesn't carry well here at night because of the sea breezes rolling in.

clevername wrote:
mak1277 wrote:

I agree, I don't know why the Dodgers would want to do that, but it's something that's consistently popped up lately.

The Rolen bit is definitely news to me. I don't see it happening as long as they keep platooning Betemit and Laroche there.

As for Glaus, there's slight rumblings of him being dealt to the Dodgers as we near the deadline, but it's a stronger possibility that he could return to the Angels, even though it's just minor speculation for the most part. I suppose the Glaus/Rolen to Dodgers bit is popping up, just because the main criticism the local media harps on is that the Dodgers (and the Angels for that matter) don't have that 35-40 HR prominent bat in the lineup and neither Laroche nor Betemit fit the bill.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 451)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers