P Alan Embree
BN Freddy García
BN Jeremy Guthrie
BN Tim Wakefield
BN Josh Beckett
DL Phil Hughes
DL Chris Carpenter
DL Pedro Martínez

It is a very deep league with 14 teams. I had Blalock and Rolen for the 3B, but we all how much of a bust Rolen is and blalock got injured

Then top of all that Carpenter went down, Hughes went down and now Beckett, even tho hes coming back

I just picked up Iwamura and droped Rolen hoping Iwamura can be good so i can move Youk around if needed

I am currently 7th in my league, and 2-3 weeks ago i was first, before all these injuries started happening. The way i look at my team now its up and down. Two weeks ago i went 9-0 againts a very good team, and just last week i went 1-9 againts another decent team. So far the season has been up and down. I hope when Carpenter and Hughes come back i can get rid of Likes of SANTANA (killed me tonight).

What do you all think. Name some players that could be out there, but with such a deep league it's hard to find em.
Thanks
Davor F.
partibrejker
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby drouss48 » Fri May 25, 2007 10:14 am

The biggest suggestion I would have would be to tell you that Carpenter, and Alou aren't worth keeping around while they're on the DL. Carpenter MIGHT beback for the playoffs, if the Cards even make it that far.

Help me...
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 31#2342731
drouss48
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

re:

Postby Logi Berra » Fri May 25, 2007 11:20 am

I'd have to agree with the previous poster - Alou and Carpenter aren't worth keeping around. Considering how deep your league is, I'd say you have a pretty solid team, especially in terms of pitching; you've just had a few bad breaks with injuries. That said, you could definitely use an upgrade at utility: Kouzmanoff's been pretty unproductive, though he has faired pretty well in the last 5 games or so. I'm not a big fan of Juan Pierre, either. He is an absolute out machine with minimal value other than for steals and I guess average. What's happening on the waiver wire? Any way you could part with Freddy Garcia? His 1.49 WHIP is pretty unsightly, and he seems to be past his glory days. I like Okajima a lot and am generally a big proponent of middle relievers, as they're good for a few k's a week and can really lower your ERA and WHIP; perhaps you could look into getting a non-Sox reliever off waivers to further solidify your pitching. [/url]
Logi Berra
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Eagle Eye

Postby partibrejker » Sun May 27, 2007 3:33 am

thanks for the replies ...
yeah i have a thing about ruining a pitchers year if i draft them as my number one guy ... i do it to the RB in football, and pitchers in baseball

just think about what S. Alexander was doing with the football before i decided to draft him as my RB =)
Davor F.
partibrejker
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team