Moral Dilemma - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Moral Dilemma

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Fri May 25, 2007 10:25 am

sooner711 wrote:If there wasn't a problem with it, you wouldn't be asking the question. I think you already know the right thing to do.

Agreed. Just tell him. I would also remind him of your generosity if Gallardo helps him win the pot. :-)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Fri May 25, 2007 10:34 am

Wow everyone is so split on this... I guess you guys understand why this is a tough situation for me.

I made the decision to tell him and I think it is the right one. I reminded him that he 'owes' me one. As I mentioned, I have more pressing needs on offense and I put a claim in for Braun (although I may not get him). Plus I don't have the bench spot to carry Gallardo if he doesn't get called up soon. Finally, I don't see Gallardo as the make or break type guy for me this year.

Thanks for the input.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Red5 » Fri May 25, 2007 9:34 pm

Anyone using the name Yoda already knows what to do in this situation. Good call.
Red5
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby noseeum » Fri May 25, 2007 9:43 pm

I was thinking about this more, and telling him could actually be viewed as collusion by the other teams. You benefited this other owner, and you're even saying he owes you one. In a league as competitive as $3000, I might be pretty angry if I was the guy who had the number two waiver priority, and I found out you did this.

I know you didn't mean it that way, and I'm not calling you out or anything, but there is a moral argument to both sides of the coin in this one. At first I was arguing, "screw him! It's fantasy! Take his man and buy him a beer afterwards, where he can woo you with offers."

But now that I consider this as a collusion issue, I would say you shouldn't have told him. You did already, so rot in hell!!! Just kidding.

Don't sweat it. I just thought my collusion angle would be a nice thing to discuss. Anyone agree/disagree with me that this could be considered collusion?
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby phillyphan12 » Fri May 25, 2007 9:54 pm

id only do it if you werent close wit this guy, but since he`s a close friend i wouldnt do it...in my league, im friends wit everyone, but there are a couple people in the league who i trust more so than others...i wouldnt screw them over
phillyphan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Fri May 25, 2007 10:09 pm

noseeum wrote:I was thinking about this more, and telling him could actually be viewed as collusion by the other teams. You benefited this other owner, and you're even saying he owes you one. In a league as competitive as $3000, I might be pretty angry if I was the guy who had the number two waiver priority, and I found out you did this.

I know you didn't mean it that way, and I'm not calling you out or anything, but there is a moral argument to both sides of the coin in this one. At first I was arguing, "screw him! It's fantasy! Take his man and buy him a beer afterwards, where he can woo you with offers."

But now that I consider this as a collusion issue, I would say you shouldn't have told him. You did already, so rot in hell!!! Just kidding.

Don't sweat it. I just thought my collusion angle would be a nice thing to discuss. Anyone agree/disagree with me that this could be considered collusion?

Nah I don't see it that way. The thing is, if money wasn't involved, I would more be inclined to not tell him. Because he traded for a pick and paid for it, I felt more obligated to tell him.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers