Moral Dilemma - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Moral Dilemma

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby SpecialFNK » Fri May 25, 2007 4:41 am

hes your friend, you should tell him
..but maybe when you tell him you casually say he now owes you one. one of something, kind of like when you do a favour for someone and they owe you a favour back.. if you tell him, he owes you.
you dont have to tell him, but you chose to tell him so he shouldnt get upset that you now feel he would owe you one, you could have easily not told him.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 73)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JTWood » Fri May 25, 2007 8:13 am

Yoda wrote:This is a super competitive league with a $3000 pot...

I was all in favor of your friend until this sentence. If you want Gallardo, go get him.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby brock middlebrook » Fri May 25, 2007 8:31 am

Yahoo! has really screwed up a lot of leagues by their arbitrary addition of players to the pool.
brock middlebrook
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Inukchuk » Fri May 25, 2007 8:48 am

I almost think he's a little bit to blame by telling you what he wants to do. By letting you know that he wants Gallardo, he's more or less telling you to back off in a subtle way (he may not even realize it).

I would probably let him know (it seems like he wants Gallardo more than you do), but I would also tell him that he owes you big time (no need to be subtle about it) because you're saving his butt from someone else in the league picking him up as well. I would also let him know that from now on, anyone is fair game for you whether he mentions them or not. That would paint you as a nice guy, eliminate future problems of the same kind, and you would have the "you owe me one" card to play in the future...
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby ordinarygenius » Fri May 25, 2007 9:20 am

You said he "will be away for the weekend". Yet Gallardo has been on the Yahoo WW for a couple of days now. Maybe he has already placed a waiver claim? If he traded to get a waiver priority for Gallardo, he should know Gallardo is already in the bank...
ordinarygenius
College Coach
College Coach

Postby fantasybaseballfan1 » Fri May 25, 2007 9:47 am

What waiver spot do you have? If your not right behind him you should definitly tell him because your not assured of getting Gallardo. If your second then I'd claim him in the other league and hope your buddy already had a claim in. Just because somebody tells you what they're going to do doesn't mean it should affect the way you manage your team. Do what you would have done if your friend had not told you he was going to pickup Gallardo. Whenever I mention a player I'm looking at to a friend I never expect that friend to not pick him up if he was already looking into him. The only thing I would expect would be a friend not to pick up a player I want if that player doesn't help their team.
fantasybaseballfan1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby slomo007 » Fri May 25, 2007 9:51 am

Why is this even an issue? Tell him. The ones who are saying otherwise I'll now refer to as the Barry Bonds of fantasy baseball (anything to win). Cheaters. O:-)
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby fantasybaseballfan1 » Fri May 25, 2007 9:58 am

slomo007 wrote:Why is this even an issue? Tell him. The ones who are saying otherwise I'll now refer to as the Barry Bonds of fantasy baseball (anything to win). Cheaters. O:-)

Normally I'd agree with you but on the first page the OP clearly says he was going to pick up Gallardo before his friend told him about it.
fantasybaseballfan1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby slomo007 » Fri May 25, 2007 10:05 am

fantasybaseballfan1 wrote:
slomo007 wrote:Why is this even an issue? Tell him. The ones who are saying otherwise I'll now refer to as the Barry Bonds of fantasy baseball (anything to win). Cheaters. O:-)

Normally I'd agree with you but on the first page the OP clearly says he was going to pick up Gallardo before his friend told him about it.

Then he shouldn't have traded his #1 priority away to his friend who also said he wanted Gallardo.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby J35J » Fri May 25, 2007 10:15 am

JTWood wrote:
Yoda wrote:This is a super competitive league with a $3000 pot...

I was all in favor of your friend until this sentence. If you want Gallardo, go get him.

Bingo!!

Also, how do you know he doesn't already have a claim in on him right now anyway? Anyone who thinks this is cheating, give me a break....Yoda was going to get him regardless, just because his friend tells him what he "planned" to do doesn't mean Yoda can't still put in his claim. How is friendship going to be sacrificed over a game and more specifically 1 player in this game. If he gets his panties in a bunch, slap him in his face and tell him to get over it. O:-)
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 361)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers