Dukes not in the lineup...again. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dukes not in the lineup...again.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Dukes not in the lineup...again.

Postby wrveres » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:48 pm

This is so sad.

The Tampa Media is playing his divorce out, live. Right? This is on the radio and in the headlines everyday?
The Dukes Divorce?

Listening to these podcast's, it is Tabloid stuff. Pure Tabloids.
I feel dirty just for listening.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scr » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:04 pm

wrveres wrote:This is so sad.

The Tampa Media is playing his divorce out, live. Right? This is on the radio and in the headlines everyday?
The Dukes Divorce?

It's already front page at the SPT, headlined "Angry Dukes sounds off".

Note the spin with the word "Angry".

who the heck wouldn't be angry after what the media did to the guy?

We all knew there was another side to the story-there had to be.

Very sad listening to how Dukes has lost his kids to this whole thing. Man, it's just not right.
scr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:38 pm

wrveres wrote:This is so sad.

The Dukes Divorce?

What happened with the radio station was that his ex-wife called in about a week ago and they interviewed her. afterwards there was many people who knew dukes who called into defend him as u can see by his family. Than his ex-wife called back in and thats when he decided to call. To be fair to the radio station they have allowed all sides to tell there story which is better than others.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby wrveres » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:47 pm

deerayfan072 wrote: What happened with the radio station was that his ex-wife called in about a week ago and they interviewed her.

And she has visited every paper in the last few weeks.
Talked to every columnist ..
Multiple times.
Do you see a trend?

Divorce is never pretty, never. They certainly don't need to be played out live on every news outlet through out town.
what is sad is that the media is being played by this woman.

The St Petersburg times should be ashamed of themselves
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:53 pm

wrveres wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote: What happened with the radio station was that his ex-wife called in about a week ago and they interviewed her.

Multiple times.
Do you see a trend?

Divorce is never pretty, never. They certainly don't need to be played out live on every news outlet through out town.

Oh no i totally totally agree, you have heard and seen me defend him about how he is being portrayed, my only point was that 620 actually has allowed his whole family and himself to talk and give there side rather than just slam him and believe the wife
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby scr » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:46 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
wrveres wrote:

Multiple times.
Do you see a trend?

Oh no i totally totally agree, you have heard and seen me defend him about how he is being portrayed, my only point was that 620 actually has allowed his whole family and himself to talk and give there side rather than just slam him and believe the wife

Listen to the podcast and then read the article the St. Petersberg Times wrote about the podcast.

Nowhere in the article is it mentioned that Dukes is devastated at the loss of his kids.

Nowhere in the article does it mention how Duke's loves his kids and his kids love him.

Nowhere in the article does it mention his ex-wife stealing from him.

Nowhere in the St. Pete's Times does it relate to the reader what Dukes really said. The Times cut out bits and pieces of what he (Dukes) said to make it seem like he is an angry, paranoid, thug. Exactly what shaped, slanted journalism is all about. The perfect case of a reckless media.

The St. Petersberg Times is an insult to journalism.
scr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:17 pm

The host on 620 from 3-7, who i admire very much said that Bay news 9 wanted to come in and tape his show thinking that they would focus on this and he told them no becuase he is not talking about it on his show. He said that this is this mans private life and the media should stay out of it. It concerns a divorce and there are problems on both sides, which happens in a divorce and he would not want someone in his personal life.

Thought it was pretty well said
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby scr » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:34 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:The host on 620 from 3-7, who i admire very much said that Bay news 9 wanted to come in and tape his show thinking that they would focus on this and he told them no becuase he is not talking about it on his show. He said that this is this mans private life and the media should stay out of it. It concerns a divorce and there are problems on both sides, which happens in a divorce and he would not want someone in his personal life.

Thought it was pretty well said

Too bad the St. Pete Times went to the Duke Lacross school of Journalism.
scr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Apollo » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:30 am

Come on, boys, don't let this thread die now. I assume you all read the very nice front-page piece the St. Pete Times ran on Dukes and his mother yesterday. Don't you think they deserve some props?
Apollo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby scr » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:41 pm

Apollo wrote:Come on, boys, don't let this thread die now. I assume you all read the very nice front-page piece the St. Pete Times ran on Dukes and his mother yesterday. Don't you think they deserve some props?

Yeah, we commented on the fluff piece on the Tampa Bay Devil Rays Forum...figured folks are tired on seeing this thread in the leftovers section.

As I commented on the other thread, one fluff piece of the kid's mother does not undue the terrible damage the Slander Pete Times has done to his life. The Slander Pete Times has lit the embers of latent racism in their pieces and it comes out in the responses from their constituents. A sad situation just gets worse with every slanted piece of "journalism" that paper craps out.

Check out Robbie Neyers latest piece of opinion he crapped out on Wednesday in his national column. More Dukes trashing. Irresponsible & worthless.
scr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers