Dukes not in the lineup...again. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dukes not in the lineup...again.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Dukes not in the lineup...again.

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:54 am

In his first two games back from Triple-A Durham after B.J. Upton went on the disabled list, [Jonny] Gomes collected four hits, including a home run, and made three sterling defensive plays. That work earned him a third consecutive start in right field Saturday, and not coincidentally left Dukes on the bench for the fourth game in a row.

“Jon wants to play and Jon plays it right,” Rays manager Joe Maddon said. “If he’s going to keep doing that, we’ll keep running him out there.”
Gomes relishes the chance to play the full game and remains perplexed about why many believe he’s strictly DH material.

“In the minor leagues and even in Mexico I’ve played center field, then I come up here and people think I’m a handicap out there,” he said. “I can run around out there fine.”

FULL STORY
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:39 pm

Very interesting today on the radio here in Tampa, his family finally came out talking about the situation and how the ex-wife is lying. They had his sister, brother, his first g/f who he had a kid with (who said he is a great father to her kid and is always around, but that his wife just wants money). Tommorow they will have his ex-wife on again.

If any of you guys are interested in the interviews with his ex-wife, the family etc an want to listen to both sides before making up your mind here is the address

http://www.620wdae.com/pages/podcast.html sign up for a username and password, than go to the Ron and Ian podcats ;D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby wrveres » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:42 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Very interesting today on the radio here in Tampa, his family finally came out talking about the situation and how the ex-wife is lying. They had his sister, brother, his first g/f who he had a kid with (who said he is a great father to her kid and is always around, but that his wife just wants money). Tommorow they will have his ex-wife on again.

If any of you guys are interested in the interviews with his ex-wife, the family etc an want to listen to both sides before making up your mind here is the address

http://www.620wdae.com/pages/podcast.html sign up for a username and password, than go to the Ron and Ian podcats ;D

what ever happened to the incident you couldn't talk about last week? is that a dead issue now.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 732)

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:57 pm

wrveres wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:Very interesting today on the radio here in Tampa, his family finally came out talking about the situation and how the ex-wife is lying. They had his sister, brother, his first g/f who he had a kid with (who said he is a great father to her kid and is always around, but that his wife just wants money). Tommorow they will have his ex-wife on again.

what ever happened to the incident you couldn't talk about last week? is that a dead issue now.

It is still being looked into, but there are some things that have come out that actually show that Dukes may not be as guilty as he was accused of, which is why i can't go into what is going on. I promised certain people who are in the situation i would not say anything, b/c of how the media is looking for anything to pick up on Dukes
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby scr » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:28 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
wrveres wrote:

It is still being looked into, but there are some things that have come out that actually show that Dukes may not be as guilty as he was accused of, which is why i can't go into what is going on. I promised certain people who are in the situation i would not say anything, b/c of how the media is looking for anything to pick up on Dukes

Too bad Jerry Springer retired. Would of made a great show.

Thanks for not fueling the fires Adam with these things. Better off not saying anything.
scr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:39 pm

SCR i take it you listened to the podcasts

I listened to them all live and my advice is to listen to them all and know that people are lying and that the TRUTH is somewhere in the middle
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm

I'm starting not to even care anymore. fantasy-wise at least. Dukes isn't a talented enough player to even be a factor, anyways. He's like Marcus Thames with controversy. Big deal...
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby scr » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:47 pm

BillyHallDisciple wrote:I'm starting not to even care anymore. fantasy-wise at least. Dukes isn't a talented enough player to even be a factor, anyways. He's like Marcus Thames with controversy. Big deal...

I'm not sure how you can assess his MLB abilities based on his limited ab's and the personal circus we have been subjected to. I'm of the opinion that any human being being attacked by as many sides as Dukes has and still is relentlessly facing could not possibly succeed at such a high level of pro ball. Perhaps you will see his full potential when the nonsense dies down, but it will more than likely be in another uniform.

The circus should have been kept private. In publicizing one sided articles and unfairly labeling Dukes as a cross between Charles Manson and ex-congressman Foley, the St. Petersberg Times has caused a hardship to the DFO, because now they cannot extract even 30% of his worth as a ballplayer. The DFO is in a tough spot, and IMHO will continue to be in this spot until they put their foot down with that trash of a media outlet known as the SPT.
scr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:07 pm

For those actually interested in Elijahs side of his problems, go to that wedsite i have above and listen to the podcast of his interview today. He actually called in and this is the first time he has actually done an interview
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wrveres » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:31 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:For those actually interested in Elijahs side of his problems, go to that wedsite i have above and listen to the podcast of his interview today. He actually called in and this is the first time he has actually done an interview

He needs a friend.
He needs to get out of Tampa, and have somebody like Mike Cameron take him under his wing.
It is apparent he has had a survival mentality his whole childhood, and thats sad.
He has all the talent in the world, and a three cent head.

He needs Crash Davis.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 732)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers