Dukes not in the lineup...again. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dukes not in the lineup...again.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dukes not in the lineup...again.

Postby scr » Thu May 24, 2007 3:48 pm

Not good. Looks like the kid is done. Well, the media got what they wanted. They've been up his rear end, ripping him at every turn. Now he may be done. Thanks, Robbie Neyer. Way to write a story before all the facts are out. Hope the (Duke's ex') divorce lawyer is paying you well!

The media went after BJ, then Delmon (over and over), and then the relentless opines about Dukes. If Dukes was able to turn it around, it would have been one of the gutsiest, good stories in a long, long time.

Deerayfan-what say you?
scr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ab » Thu May 24, 2007 3:53 pm

Man, I'm sorry, but Dukes ruined Dukes' chances, not the media. What he did was messed up.
ab
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu May 24, 2007 3:56 pm

ab wrote:Man, I'm sorry, but Dukes ruined Dukes' chances, not the media. What he did was messed up.

ill agree to that one :-°

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby slomo007 » Thu May 24, 2007 3:58 pm

He deserves to be in prison, not on the bench getting paid tons of money. :-t
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Re: Dukes not in the lineup...again.

Postby ukjohn » Thu May 24, 2007 4:03 pm

scr wrote:Not good. Looks like the kid is done. Well, the media got what they wanted. They've been up his rear end, ripping him at every turn. Now he may be done. Thanks, Robbie Neyer. Way to write a story before all the facts are out. Hope the (Duke's ex') divorce lawyer is paying you well!

The media went after BJ, then Delmon (over and over), and then the relentless opines about Dukes. If Dukes was able to turn it around, it would have been one of the gutsiest, good stories in a long, long time.

Deerayfan-what say you?

yeah, poor Dukes :-t
"I'm out like a fat girl in dodge ball"
ukjohn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby hot4tx » Thu May 24, 2007 4:03 pm

Playing MLB is a privilege, not a right. If someone shared those recorded remarks about my own wife and child to my boss along with the legal issues he's had, I would lose my job. And no one would whine. This is especially important in an entertainment job where public opinion and perception matter, as the audience pays for you. If the Channel 8 Weatherman said those things he'd be gone.

I hope Dukes saved some of the money he's made, because he has a head start over 99.9% of everyone else his age.
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 135)

Postby scr » Thu May 24, 2007 4:07 pm

ab wrote:Man, I'm sorry, but Dukes ruined Dukes' chances, not the media. What he did was messed up.

Sorry, guys, I've got to disagree, to a point. We don't know everything that went on. There are two sides to every story. We've only heard one side, and Neyer wrote his story based on the ex-wife's point of view. Conveniently, there was no cell-phone recording of what she did or said to him (threats or otherwise) that set him off to say the things he said. Does this not strike you as odd?

The media has wrote bs about this kid from day one. I'm sorry you don't see that. The only problem with Dukes that is absolutely clear to me is that he may be one of the most stupid guys ever created to not know that he was under a microscope, with a bias aimed straight at his head. Stupidity is clearly the number one issue with this guy.

He may be other things, but I can't say until all the facts come out. I won't rush to judgement like the media just loves to do. See the Duke Lacross mess.

I've seen alot of messy divorces in my time, and unfortunately, this situation is not atypical.
scr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Dukes not in the lineup...again.

Postby swyck » Thu May 24, 2007 4:09 pm

scr wrote:Not good. Looks like the kid is done. Well, the media got what they wanted. They've been up his rear end, ripping him at every turn. Now he may be done. Thanks, Robbie Neyer. Way to write a story before all the facts are out. Hope the (Duke's ex') divorce lawyer is paying you well!

Deerayfan-what say you?

:-P
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Thu May 24, 2007 4:12 pm

Stupidity is not the number one issue with this dude, it's just one of his many issues. The #1 issue is probably that he's psychotic.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby hot4tx » Thu May 24, 2007 4:15 pm

This...
Four women have gone to court seeking child support from Dukes. In all four cases, the court found Dukes was the father, meaning he has at least five children by four women. Two of those women were pregnant at the same time, giving birth in 2003 within eight days of each other.

and...

"Hey, dawg. It's on, dawg. You dead, dawg. I ain't even bulls-------. Your kids too, dawg. It don't even matter to me who is in the car with you. N-----, all I know is, n-----, when I see your m-----f------- a-- riding, dawg, it's on. As a matter of fact, I'm coming to your m-----f------ house."

...is atypical. I'm sorry, but like I said I'd be fired or somehow gotten rid of or demoted if I said that stuff and it was recorded. Period. Why is Dukes different just because he plays baseball? The public and the media is part of the job. He failed to do his job. End of story.

And I'd stay here and feel sorry for him jobless with millions of dollars, but I gotta go and play a video game. :-t
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 135)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers