Your first fantasy baseball picks and transactions ... EVER - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Your first fantasy baseball picks and transactions ... EVER

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CadensDad » Thu May 24, 2007 5:15 pm

Uh dont remember my very first, but from 2001-2003 I always seemed to land Beltran-Soriano 1-2 and seemed to always win SB and compete for HR/RBI with them leading the way.

First big move I made was in 2001 dealing Danny Graves/Hampton for Randy Johnson the guy that took the trade was a HUGE Graves fan and swore up and down he'd get 50 saves. He already had 2 other good closers and noone could figure out why he made that trade

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AcidRock23 » Thu May 24, 2007 5:17 pm

Soriano was my #1, in 2003 when he got all the taters....
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby markj11 » Thu May 24, 2007 5:30 pm

RJ in 98. He was off to one of the best starts ever.

10W 4CG 4SO 84.1IP 116K 1.28ERA 0.98WHIP .191BAA
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Bogey9906 » Thu May 24, 2007 6:00 pm

Took Bonds with #1 pick back in '93, his first year in SF. Led me all the way to the championship! He was such a skinny lad back then...
Bogey9906
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jfg » Thu May 24, 2007 6:08 pm

I can't remember what year it was, maybe 2001 but I took Albert Pujols in a keeper league my first year playing. Then traded him for Mark Prior a couple years later. Oops.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 86)

Postby Ajax » Thu May 24, 2007 6:21 pm

Good topic.

I honestly can't remember my first sucessful trade, but I remember the first one I attempted.

The first season I played, (2001)

Early in the season, a guy offered me Griffey for a new japanese outfielder that was having a hot start (Ichiro). Of course, I couldn't hit the 'accept' button fast enough.

Our league vetoed it in about 5 minutes and ripped each of us new ones on the message board. "We were in collusion" "I was taking advantage of the other guy" (even though I was the new guy). Dead trade, and life went on.

Luckily for me, that was the year Griffey started his slide....and Ichiro was Ichiro.

And I'll end this post like most of these end with.... "And I won the league"

Of course, I made it a point to post a big thank you to the veto boys for stopping me from making a big mistake.
Ajax
College Coach
College Coach

Postby fortune cookies » Thu May 24, 2007 8:43 pm

I started last year. My first picks were Wright, Carp, VMart, Delgado... to Chien Ming Wang with my last pick (I thought he was the greatest thing ever). Then I told everyone he would win cy young (as a joke). No one could believe it 6 months later when he came in 2nd. Anyways, I traded my Delgado/Putz for KRod/Morneau and I won my league.

Thanks to Idahofan1 for the great sig
fortune cookies
College Coach
College Coach

Postby fbc_fan » Thu May 24, 2007 8:48 pm

i had a pretty good team for my first time playing fantasy baseball in 2004. had the first pick and took pujols (no brainer), also got abreu with my fourth round pick. i was particuarly proud of taking ben sheets in the 18th round. booyah.

i think my best trade that year was flipping kevin brown for johan in a multiplayer deal. sigh, johan was cheap before he had such a good track record. :-/
thanks to madison/go_jays_go for the slick sig!
fbc_fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Jiu » Thu May 24, 2007 9:10 pm

In my first draft ever, I took Ivan Rodriguez and Roberto Alomar with my first two picks. This was about six or seven years ago.

My first trade ever was giving up Troy Glaus (who was just breaking out) for Jason Kendall. It really helped me because Pudge had a season ending injury a week later and I already had Jeff Cirillo at 3B.

Won my league that year. Straight up roto on Sandbox. :)
Jiu
College Coach
College Coach

Postby shawngee03 » Fri May 25, 2007 10:45 am

last year was my first year, and even though it wasnt me, its still pretty funny.

some guy who was also new had a tip that Gary Bennett(back up C for STL) was going to have a breakout year. so he took him in the with his first pick. of course he never played and we teased him about it all year.

so this year we initially named our league "Gary Bennett for MVP"
shawngee03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers