Some questions??? WHIR for sure - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Some questions??? WHIR for sure

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby psycho1jau » Fri May 25, 2007 3:49 am

I just got offered a trade of Wagner for Gorzellany. Does this sound like a good deal to get back into the Saves market, or do you still think I should hold onto Gorzo and trade Jenks for an upgrade, punting saves. If I picked up Jenks and Wanger, I could go for Accardo and have three solid closers, or trade Jenks and simply go for Holds. I'm so back and forth on this strategy, but I feel like I should have a solid strategy and stick with it.
psycho1jau
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rotundor » Fri May 25, 2007 8:03 am

psycho1jau wrote:I just got offered a trade of Wagner for Gorzellany. Does this sound like a good deal to get back into the Saves market, or do you still think I should hold onto Gorzo and trade Jenks for an upgrade, punting saves. If I picked up Jenks and Wanger, I could go for Accardo and have three solid closers, or trade Jenks and simply go for Holds. I'm so back and forth on this strategy, but I feel like I should have a solid strategy and stick with it.

TAKE THIS!!!!

even if you punt saves you can trade wagner for something useful, gorz may be on his way down. the value is just incrdible
Rotundor
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Fri May 25, 2007 3:13 pm

No-brainer on the Gorzo-for-Wagner deal, I totally agree with the last poster on it.

I am a fan of Duncan and I would recommend picking him up. Bay doesn't do much for me as an "elite" OF option. Your outfield would look great with someone like Carlos Lee in it. Could you deal Bay either straight-up for him or throw in someone like Phil Hughes for Lee or something like that?

I'm not sold on Dave Bush, he's been getting hit hard and people keep making excuses for him by quoting BABIP and strand rate, blah blah blah, he's not that good, especially compared to your other starters.

Overall I don't know how you assembled a roster like this, even in a 10-team league, you must be a waiver wire vulture too with the in-season pick-ups. It's a pretty damn good roster, I could see you winning it all with these guys.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby psycho1jau » Fri May 25, 2007 4:28 pm

That's always been my strategy. It was an auto draft, so I'm ALWAYS checking and upgrading on the WW. Hence where I'm at right now. If there is an opportunity to upgrade, I'll do it. I feel like all the players on my team right now are sort of undroppable, but the guys on FA can fill in and do fine, so I'm trying to see if I should trade some of my "undroppable" players to upgrade and pick up these guys who will perform.

For example, Jason Bay and Chris Duncan. I feel like Duncan can fill in for Bay, or even Andruw Jones, and so if I could trade one or the other and upgrade at another position, then why not trade them and pick up Duncan to fill in my OF while the rest of my team upgrades. I'm also worried cause I don't want to mess too much with a good thing. I love to improve, but I feel that in my search for a better team, I might end up shooting myself in the foot.
psycho1jau
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TomG » Fri May 25, 2007 8:24 pm

psycho1jau wrote:I just got offered a trade of Wagner for Gorzellany. Does this sound like a good deal to get back into the Saves market, or do you still think I should hold onto Gorzo and trade Jenks for an upgrade, punting saves. If I picked up Jenks and Wanger, I could go for Accardo and have three solid closers, or trade Jenks and simply go for Holds. I'm so back and forth on this strategy, but I feel like I should have a solid strategy and stick with it.

No way you can pass up the deal for Wagner. He is solid as usual this year (actually, so far at least, better then usual). If you can move Jenks for a middle reliever you could still have a great shot at saves every week and get the holds category. It's tough to recomend any moves with your current team but the holds strategy sounds great. You can't pass up the wagner deal though. No way.
TomG
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bosoxrock34 » Fri May 25, 2007 9:06 pm

took about an hour to read it but....... Here are my thoughts. Tough rules for the league. I love the Gorz for Wagner trade. I dont really see any of those free agents being worth droppin any of your players. Rollins isnt a crappy ss.
bosoxrock34
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby EWSPECIALTY » Sat May 26, 2007 5:10 pm

You gotta jump on that wagner trade like yesterday. I really don't know what the guidelines are for holds and we don't have them in our league because then i would. I like to play the balancing act, to be middle of the road in all cats and a few to be top dog in. This is my first year and and i was in last place coming into may. well, 20 moves later im five points out of first. I like johny & duncan alot. I think duncan is playing below his potential and when pujols comes around and he will, hes going to make duncan look alot better in the runs catagory. If i knew more about how to play head to head and what holds were all about i could give you alot more input. Sorry i couldn't help you more, thanks for you input with mine.

But do that Wagner trade, and then you will have some powerful trade bait if you decide to punt trades, just imagine what you could get. I mean you trade both of those guys to someone and walk with first to second rounder that is underperforming right now possibly.

Good luck.
EWSPECIALTY Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby denicola_dominates » Sat May 26, 2007 5:42 pm

i mean i have chris duncan hes been tearin it up this year and on the dismal cardinals team of 2007 he will keep it up trust me ryan braun has potential but duncan has more than him it starts by revamping the offense my son :-b ;-D
"Baseball is 90% mental -- the other half is physical." -Yogi Berra

denicola_dominates
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby psycho1jau » Mon May 28, 2007 12:24 pm

Updated my team, asked some new questions. A couple of trades that nabbed me Soriano and Weeks for Bay and Cain. Also, Gorzelanny for Billy Wagner and tomorrow I should hopefully get Al Reyes from the WW.
psycho1jau
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team