Some questions??? WHIR for sure - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Some questions??? WHIR for sure

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Some questions??? WHIR for sure

Postby psycho1jau » Thu May 24, 2007 2:52 pm

So, I'm trying to improve at all costs. After a deal that acquired me Wagner for cheap and Al Reyes coming my way via WW, I've decided that I can easily win saves weekly with these guys.

My new question; who do you think are the most tradeable players on my team? Vis-a-vis, which player do you think has more value in trade than they are actually worth? I don't really see any of the guys on my team being droppable, but who's in for a letdown this year?

Also, how many players should I have at each spot? For example, how many relief pitchers should I have? How many bench hitters should I have? How many starters? What I'm trying to do is figure out if I should try and have 3 closers and a Holds guy, then trade some of my starters for better starters (Maybe a Santana type guy), or just stick with what I have, or maybe go with two closers and pick up a holds guy. What do you guys think?

The FA I'm looking at who I think could do a really good job for me down the line, having a starting job are:

Johnny Peralta - He's been awesome and I could see him doing great this year. Should I just stick with Rollins and stop complaining?

Chris Duncan - Showed great promise last year and is doing the same thing. He could play in my OF right now. Will it last?

Ryan Braun - Obviously he's supposed to be really good, but I don't know if he's worth dropping anyone from my team. I mean, is he good enough to dump a player for?

Here's my roster. Leave a link and I'll definitely respond to your questions, no matter what. Thanks a lot guys.

10 team H2H Yahoo league; R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, FPct, AVG, OPS; W, SV, BB, K, HLD, ERA
My Team:
C Victor Martinez
1B Albert Pujols
2B BJ Upton
3B Aramis Ramirez
SS Jimmy Rollins
OF Alfonso Soriano
OF Andruw Jones
OF Carl Crawford
Util Travis Hafner
BN Bill Hall
BN Rickie Weeks

SP Carlos Zambrano
SP Roy Oswalt
RP Bobby Jenks
RP Al Reyes
P Scott Shields
P Billy Wagner
P Erik Bedard
BN Dan Haren
BN Oliver Perez
BN Tim Lincecum
DL Phil Hughes
Last edited by psycho1jau on Mon May 28, 2007 12:23 pm, edited 6 times in total.
psycho1jau
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby yassassin » Thu May 24, 2007 3:15 pm

my faves are CDuncan, WTaveras, CGaudin, and GMeche, but I don't know if any of them are worth dropping for who you've got now. But I'd say Duncan would be the best cuz you've got wheels in CC and Figg and I think CDuncan is improving and could be good for 30+ HR this year.
yassassin
College Coach
College Coach

Postby psycho1jau » Thu May 24, 2007 3:17 pm

Did you look at my post? I'm looking for more than who you like? I'm trying to see if these guys can fill in a starters for me and who I should trade to improve at other positions.

If you're going to answer the post, please at least read it.
psycho1jau
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Some questions??? WHIR for sure

Postby jesse7 » Thu May 24, 2007 3:21 pm

psycho1jau wrote:So, I'm trying to improve at all costs. I've gone back and forth on whether or not to throw saves and go for holds since no one in my league goes for it and I have tied it every week with 0 on the week. I figure I'll give up a loss, but I can trade my closers for upgrade at other positions. I feel pretty confident in my team right now, but there are a few FA's that I could see doing REALLY well, and I figure why not trade some guys when I have 'em hot. I could improve at a few key positions and continue to dominate. So right now I'm wondering who I should/could trade to improve, and if any of the FA's out there are worth picking up on my team.

The FA I'm looking at who I think could do a really good job for me down the line, having a starting job are:

Dave Bush - He is a FA but his K/BB rate is really good. He is the worst victim of bad luck and defense, and I could easily see this turning around soon. Is he better than any of my starters now? Will he get better? Should I deal one of my other starters to upgrade another position and pick him up?

Johnny Peralta - He's been awesome and I could see him doing great this year. Should I just stick with Rollins and stop complaining?

Chris Duncan - Showed great promise last year and is doing the same thing. He could play in my OF right now. Will it last?

There are some speed guys and other FA, but nothing special. I'll just list their names. Sosa, Dan Johnson, Ryan Garko, Willy Taveras, Kenny Lofton, Carlos Pena; pitchers - Gil Meche, Chad Gaudin, Randy Wolf.

Then there is my last question. I've been going back and forth on whether or not to boot saves and go for holds. On one hand, I feel like I can pick up Shields and Linebrink and win that category every week. On the other hand, I don't know how safe I'd be with those two, because I don't know if those two would be a sure thing or not to get me at least 1 or 2 holds every week. I've already traded all my closers except for Jenks, but there are still guys like Accardo and Torres and Cordero out there, so I could pick up some saves if I need to. What I'm wondering is if I should punt saves and go for holds or try and go for some closers and actually try and win saves every week. What do you guys think?

Here's my roster. Leave a link and I'll definitely respond to your questions, no matter what. Thanks a lot guys.

10 team H2H Yahoo league; R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, FPct, AVG, OPS; W, SV, BB, K, HLD, ERA
My Team:
C Victor Martinez
1B Albert Pujols
2B BJ Upton
3B Aramis Ramirez
SS Orlando Cabrera
OF Jason Bay
OF Andruw Jones
OF Carl Crawford
Util Travis Hafner
BN Bill Hall
BN Chone Figgins

SP Carlos Zambrano
SP Roy Oswalt
RP Bobby Jenks
RP Scott Linebrink
P Tim Lincecum
P Tom Gorzellany
P Erik Bedard
BN Dan Haren
BN Oliver Perez
BN Matt Cain
DL Phil Hughes
jesse7
College Coach
College Coach

Postby psycho1jau » Thu May 24, 2007 3:47 pm

Wow, so an hour later and a whole bunch of responses on my part, and all I have is one guy who didn't even read my post and another guy who just quoted it back to me. Sweet. Can anyone with a brain actually give me some help. I promise I'll respond back and even give good feedback on your posts. Heck, I might even read what you are asking.
psycho1jau
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Weasel_King » Thu May 24, 2007 4:35 pm

psycho1jau wrote:Wow, so an hour later and a whole bunch of responses on my part, and all I have is one guy who didn't even read my post and another guy who just quoted it back to me. Sweet. Can anyone with a brain actually give me some help. I promise I'll respond back and even give good feedback on your posts. Heck, I might even read what you are asking.

LOL :-b

Anyways, I don't see any reason to pick up any of those FA's, especially not a OF. Maybe Possibly Peraltra (because you don't have Rollins), but I wouldn't. I would trade Jenks and boot saves like you said.

Help?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=291001
Weasel_King
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby psycho1jau » Thu May 24, 2007 4:38 pm

You're right, I forgot to update for a trade I just got. Rollins is on my team now and Cabrera is not. Anyway, anyone else?
psycho1jau
College Coach
College Coach

Postby cubs2238 » Thu May 24, 2007 8:17 pm

I really don't see any obvious drops on your team. If I had to drop someone I guess I would drop Hall, although I would miss his multi-position eligibility. If I was going to pick up one of those guys I would drop Duncan, I think he has a ton of upside and should only get better once that offense gets going.

Also I would punt saves if all you have is Jenks and see what you could get for him. You could package him with another player you want to improve on and then make a spot to pick up Shields. Thanks for the help on mine.

Anyone else have some advice:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 57#2340457
cubs2238
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rotundor » Thu May 24, 2007 9:50 pm

thanks for the help earlier. I agree with most of the guys, your team looks pretty solid. I guess the only way for you to improve is probably by trade.
Rotundor
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Midnight_Toker » Fri May 25, 2007 3:37 am

I'd absolutely try to trade Jenks and punt saves.

Also, I think your bats are fine the way they are. If I had to drop a guy, it would be Chone ... maybe for Johnson, or Peralta. Duncan is ok ... still can't hit lefties though.

I'd probably stand pat though ... Chone is doing horrible, but he has nowhere to go but up.

Thanks to SmooveThug for the Sigs!
Midnight_Toker
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team