Myers hurt.... but for how long? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Myers hurt.... but for how long?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby phillyphan12 » Thu May 24, 2007 7:04 pm

by the way if i had to pick some one, id pick geary because hes been the most consistent...still not closer quality though
phillyphan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TEAM MVP » Thu May 24, 2007 7:37 pm

phillyphan12 wrote:by the way if i had to pick some one, id pick geary because hes been the most consistent...still not closer quality though

ehh i had him for holds but i was forced to drop him after he gave me back to back days of +50.00 era... i wouldnt say consistent but more or less of most innings pitched, he pitches like every game haha
TEAM MVP
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Madman's Crazed Dogs » Fri May 25, 2007 8:50 am

Does this look like DL or Myers?
Madman's Crazed Dogs
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jtbarr » Fri May 25, 2007 9:29 am

Madman's Crazed Dogs wrote:Does this look like DL or Myers?

I guess we have to see what the MRI says.
jtbarr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SirGrotius » Fri May 25, 2007 9:50 am

That they're not putting him on the DL suggests to me that he'll be better in a couple days. Otherwise, they'd want to bring up Matt Smith at least to bolster their bullpen (he's one of the few lefties they have). I don't know about closer.
SirGrotius
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby suspect » Fri May 25, 2007 1:31 pm

They're not putting him on the DL yet but that doesn't mean they won't after they see the MRI results. It could go retroactively to yesterday if they wanted to. I don't like the looks of this...
suspect
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby captoats85 » Fri May 25, 2007 2:17 pm

Will Carroll from BP speculates rotator cuff issues:

Myers' apparent shoulder injury came with a quick loss of velocity, and showed some signs of being a rotator cuff injury. When Myers grabbed at the arm, he grabbed near the elbow and lifted. While most of the time an injured athlete's first reaction will be to grab and protect the injured part, sometimes there are other actions taken, especially in an area thats hard to reach. By lifting the arm, Myers may have been unconsciously taking stress off the shoulder, especially the rotator cuff.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/artic ... cleid=6273[/i]
captoats85
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jtbarr » Fri May 25, 2007 2:25 pm

Interesting. Well, I've been looking for a reason to pick up Jason Jennings for his 2-start return week next week. If, by Monday, it looks very bad for Myers, I may just cut him. A already have 3 other closers on my team and Hughes on the DL so it might happen.

Such is life in fantasyland.
jtbarr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ivanhack » Fri May 25, 2007 3:13 pm

jtbarr wrote:Interesting. Well, I've been looking for a reason to pick up Jason Jennings for his 2-start return week next week. If, by Monday, it looks very bad for Myers, I may just cut him. A already have 3 other closers on my team and Hughes on the DL so it might happen.

Don't cut Myers unless (until?) it's official that he has to have Tommy John surgery.
ivanhack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Drunken Rhino » Fri May 25, 2007 3:16 pm

ivanhack wrote:
jtbarr wrote:Interesting. Well, I've been looking for a reason to pick up Jason Jennings for his 2-start return week next week. If, by Monday, it looks very bad for Myers, I may just cut him. A already have 3 other closers on my team and Hughes on the DL so it might happen.

Don't cut Myers unless (until?) it's official that he has to have Tommy John surgery.

Am I missing something? Tommy John is done on the elbow not the shoulder right? And Myers is out w/ a shoulder injury right?
Drunken Rhino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates