Why Can't The D-Rays and Twins... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Why Can't The D-Rays and Twins...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu May 24, 2007 12:55 pm

Havok1517 wrote:What they should do, is not trade their young offensive core for starters but trade guys like Cantu, Pena, and Gomes for some future bullpen help.



I can't seem to think of too many teams jumping after those 3 names. Maybe come July there might be some interest for a bench spot, but heck after Cantu earlier in the year declared he wanted to be traded, no team called looking him.
Image
raiders_umpire
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 27781
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You will be missed, Robert Smeraldo.

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu May 24, 2007 12:55 pm

Havok1517 wrote:Sorry, the Devil Rays are a horribly ran organization in terms of not trading from strengths to address weaknesses. What they should do, is not trade their young offensive core for starters but trade guys like Cantu, Pena, and Gomes for some future bullpen help.


give me a team that would give u anything for Gomes or Cantu right now? Both couldn't hit there way out of paper bag.
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 36)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Postby Havok1517 » Thu May 24, 2007 1:20 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:Sorry, the Devil Rays are a horribly ran organization in terms of not trading from strengths to address weaknesses. What they should do, is not trade their young offensive core for starters but trade guys like Cantu, Pena, and Gomes for some future bullpen help.


give me a team that would give u anything for Gomes or Cantu right now? Both couldn't hit there way out of paper bag.


Sure, you fell for my trap. The perfect fit, imo, would be the SF Giants. They currently have Aurilla (age 35/36 while batting .236/.283/.365)/ Klesko (age 35/36 only 42 ABS) at 1st base. Durham (age 35 batting .255/.316/.389) at 2B with an OF of Winn, Bonds (might retire?), and right now Lewis. The Giants could trade some bullpen prospects (combo of Sanchez & Wilson maybe?).

Its a better Giants team right now (aside from Bonds-less)

C: Molina (signed thu 2009)
1B: Pena (his lefty bat and defense would play well)
2B: Cantu (not sure if he can still play here but 3B is an option)
SS: Frandsen (Omar is a FA after this year)
3B: Feliz (he's a rare SF FA after 2007 that is young)
LF: Gomes (he can certainly play here)
CF: Roberts (overpaied but speedy when healthy)
RF: Winn (signed tru 2009)
Util: Aurilla (signed thru 2008)

SP: Cain
SP: Zito
SP: Lowry
SP: Lincecum
SP: Morris
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8503
(Past Year: 117)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu May 24, 2007 1:31 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:Sorry, the Devil Rays are a horribly ran organization in terms of not trading from strengths to address weaknesses. What they should do, is not trade their young offensive core for starters but trade guys like Cantu, Pena, and Gomes for some future bullpen help.


give me a team that would give u anything for Gomes or Cantu right now? Both couldn't hit there way out of paper bag.


Sure, you fell for my trap. The perfect fit, imo, would be the SF Giants. They currently have Aurilla (age 35/36 while batting .236/.283/.365)/ Klesko (age 35/36 only 42 ABS) at 1st base. Durham (age 35 batting .255/.316/.389) at 2B with an OF of Winn, Bonds (might retire?), and right now Lewis. The Giants could trade some bullpen prospects (combo of Sanchez & Wilson maybe?).

Its a better Giants team right now (aside from Bonds-less)

C: Molina (signed thu 2009)
1B: Pena (his lefty bat and defense would play well)
2B: Cantu (not sure if he can still play here but 3B is an option)
SS: Frandsen (Omar is a FA after this year)
3B: Feliz (he's a rare SF FA after 2007 that is young)
LF: Gomes (he can certainly play here)
CF: Roberts (overpaied but speedy when healthy)
RF: Winn (signed tru 2009)
Util: Aurilla (signed thru 2008)

SP: Cain
SP: Zito
SP: Lowry
SP: Lincecum
SP: Morris


Gomes is not an MLB outfielder sorry to tell you, he is garbage in the field and can't hit to save his life anymore. You showed something that is possible and i would love for it to happe, but it wont unless the Giants are stupide. The Rays have tried to move these guys, NO ONE wants them
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 36)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Postby Tavish » Thu May 24, 2007 1:34 pm

All this talk about D-Ray prospects reminds me of one of my favorite threads. Where's DrukenRhino at?
Image

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 11067
(Past Year: 34)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby godallahstar » Thu May 24, 2007 1:34 pm

yeah, i don't think there are any teams offering much for gomes or cantu. which makes sense for the rays to hold onto them and if they do hit, move them at that time.

cantu is not a major league 2nd baseman,
and gomes is ugly in the outfield.
godallahstar
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 588
Joined: 9 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: minneapolis

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu May 24, 2007 1:37 pm

godallahstar wrote:yeah, i don't think there are any teams offering much for gomes or cantu. which makes sense for the rays to hold onto them and if they do hit, move them at that time.

cantu is not a major league 2nd baseman,
and gomes is ugly in the outfield
.


thank you ;-D
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 36)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Postby Drunken Rhino » Thu May 24, 2007 1:41 pm

Tavish wrote:All this talk about D-Ray prospects reminds me of one of my favorite threads. Where's DrukenRhino at?


Not exactly my best moment was it? ;-7 ;-7

But hey, their current offense isn't exactly poor like the Nats. And it's a very good fantasy offense w/ Maddon giving most his guys the green light....


Let's some D-rays offense to the Pirates for Duke and Maholm...
Image
Drunken Rhino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1473
Joined: 14 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu May 24, 2007 1:50 pm

Drunken Rhino wrote:
Tavish wrote:All this talk about D-Ray prospects reminds me of one of my favorite threads. Where's DrukenRhino at?


Not exactly my best moment was it? ;-7 ;-7

But hey, their current offense isn't exactly poor like the Nats. And it's a very good fantasy offense w/ Maddon giving most his guys the green light....


Let's some D-rays offense to the Pirates for Duke and Maholm...


How about Snell/Capps/Marte for Cantu/Gomes/Fossum ;-D ;-7
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 36)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Postby Tavish » Thu May 24, 2007 1:57 pm

Drunken Rhino wrote:
Tavish wrote:All this talk about D-Ray prospects reminds me of one of my favorite threads. Where's DrukenRhino at?


Not exactly my best moment was it? ;-7 ;-7
:-D

I kid of course. I'm pretty sure I'm on record on usenet somewhere predicting the Royals staff of Appier, Gordon, and Cone would challenge the Braves as the best rotation in the game.
Image

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 11067
(Past Year: 34)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Jul. 25
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

St. Louis at Chi Cubs
(4:05 pm)
Toronto at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Arizona at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
San Diego at Atlanta
(7:35 pm)
Oakland at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
NY Mets at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Miami at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Detroit at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Baltimore at Seattle
(10:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact