Become a Republican - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Become a Republican

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bigken117 » Sun May 27, 2007 1:21 am

Coppermine wrote:
ironman wrote:
thedude wrote:Both parties make me sick. They will say/do anything as long as it gets them reelected.

Fixed.

And for proof, look no further than Mitt Romney, who once he was done worrying about being reelected governor of Massachusetts and started considering the presidency, suddenly had a "change of heart" on several social issues.

I really question Romney's sincerity completely. When running for governor of Massachusettes, being a Mormon really didn't matter... but that's a blue state and he was elected on his political issues, as well as his socially liberal stance on abortion and gay marriage.

Now he's trying to appeal to the compassionate neo-conservatives that presumably got GWB elected twice, but I'm not sure where they are after the democrats ran away with the house and senate.

Romney's a joke. He used Mass as a platform to step into a prez. run ...he said what he needed to say to win votes here, and now he's saying what he needs to say to win back the "conservative" side of Republicans.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 254)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fireball Express » Sun May 27, 2007 1:37 am

bigken117 wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
ironman wrote:
thedude wrote:Both parties make me sick. They will say/do anything as long as it gets them reelected.

Fixed.

And for proof, look no further than Mitt Romney, who once he was done worrying about being reelected governor of Massachusetts and started considering the presidency, suddenly had a "change of heart" on several social issues.

I really question Romney's sincerity completely. When running for governor of Massachusettes, being a Mormon really didn't matter... but that's a blue state and he was elected on his political issues, as well as his socially liberal stance on abortion and gay marriage.

Now he's trying to appeal to the compassionate neo-conservatives that presumably got GWB elected twice, but I'm not sure where they are after the democrats ran away with the house and senate.

Romney's a joke. He used Mass as a platform to step into a prez. run ...he said what he needed to say to win votes here, and now he's saying what he needs to say to win back the "conservative" side of Republicans.

I'm not a big Mitt fan myself. I mean what kind of name is Mitt for a President anyway. Maybe if he was a baseball player I could understand. Anyhow, the guy exudes plastic in the fullest sense of the word. However, he looks good in a suit and has great dental features. That should be enough to get him at least half way to the White House. ;-7

Seriously though, I hope he's not the GOP canidate. I'll vote for him over any of the Dems but I hope it doesn't come down to that.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Coppermine » Sun May 27, 2007 6:17 pm

He does have nice teeth
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to General Talk